Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze isn't showing sleep stages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please help. I’ve been searching this forum and just go around in circles so I’m have to just ask for help! It has been more than 2 weeks since my Blaze has stopped giving an analyzed sleep. I only get the simplified analogy. One of the forums said it is a problem with the app. If that’s the case, is it going to be solved soon?

Also, one forum said to set up my app was a new device. If I do that will I lose my past history? I have over a year-at least 2 years of history on this Blaze and app. I don’t want to lose all my history! Should I set it up as a new device?

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have checked all of these things in the past. Before I go to bed each night I make sure my Blaze is secure and in a position as recommended but it didn’t solve the problem. If I set it up as a new device, which I read on a different post, will I lose my past history and data on this Fitbit Blaze? 

Thank you. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

It's great to see you around @EnglishTeacher.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this issue. There are a few scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

Let me know the outcome. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have checked all of these things in the past. Before I go to bed each night I make sure my Blaze is secure and in a position as recommended but it didn’t solve the problem. If I set it up as a new device, which I read on a different post, will I lose my past history and data on this Fitbit Blaze? 

Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone,

I have had the sleep stage issue for the last week. I have done all of the recommended advice that was provide in previous post (several times too). Please advise how I can solve this issue. I enjoy the watch, but would like for it to work the way it should. Thank you in advance. 

Have a greatful day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m sorry I don’t have better information for you. Mine started working
again on its own. It still doesn’t give me the analyzed sleep report each
night though. I was a bit frustrated with Fitbit as I feel they were not
helpful at all!!! I asked if removing the blaze and reloading it would lose
my history and they NEVER answered that question. Because I didn’t get an
answer I never did that step. I wasn’t willing to lose my history. But
because it’s still not where it use to be, I may delete it and try
reloading as a new device. I really don’t think I’ll lose my history.
Sorry I don’t have an answer for your problem. Good Luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I been having the same problem for tge past 10-14 days. Have done the same steps. Even tried changing arms. My heart rate at night is usually incthe low to mid 40’s. Would this be an issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think that it’s possible though I’m just a user of Fitbit. I’m no pro.
Good luck. Mine is working again normally. I still have no answers why it
stopped or why it started back up again. 🤷‍:female_sign:
Best Answer
0 Votes