Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze just won't charge anymore.... has it died?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Blaze for around a couple of years now. I have gone through all of the procedures of cleaning and restarting, tried different charging ports and even different charger cases, but alas to no avail. Is there are 'functional life' to Blaze? For the price I would have expected to last longer than this though. I have used fitbit since 2014 and have loved it in conjunction with the old forums. A bit lacklustre without the old forums, so is there some way of resurrecting by Blaze to continue with Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If it's a case of your Blaze not holding a charge, rather than it not charging then the most likely cause is that the battery has reached end of life and there's really no way back from that.

You mention you've had it around 2 years. If you are in Europe then the warranty is 2 years from purchase so you might be covered and maybe eligible for a replacement. Even if you think you may not be covered it might be worth contacting customer support to see if they can help in any way: contact.fitbit.com 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

If it's a case of your Blaze not holding a charge, rather than it not charging then the most likely cause is that the battery has reached end of life and there's really no way back from that.

You mention you've had it around 2 years. If you are in Europe then the warranty is 2 years from purchase so you might be covered and maybe eligible for a replacement. Even if you think you may not be covered it might be worth contacting customer support to see if they can help in any way: contact.fitbit.com 

Best Answer

Mine did the same thing at about 1.5 years. I’ll never buy a Fitbit again, as I’m learning this is not uncommon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tks Steve. I am in Australia and is out of warranty. I think that I have just to accept that it has died. I have taken the plunge and updated to a new device that is waterproof so now I can use it whilst swimming as well. It was on special and a lot cheaper than the original Blaze which are difficult to get replacement bands etc for now anyway. Thanks for your time in responding. Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine acts up recently by needing charge much more frequently than before (like 1 day), then not easily syncing (have to sync several times and also restarting the app), and today it totally dies-- it is all black and won't charge. Is fitbit (especially its battery) designed to die in about two years so we have to buy new ones? I bought a $600 watch for my cousin and think that is expensive but it is a good brand with long tradition. Now it does not seem that expensive. Is Fitbit following a recent trend of designed short life? 

Best Answer
0 Votes