Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze loses connected GPS connection time and again

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got my Blaze yesterday and have since embarked on 2 short runs (3.3km each) - and was majorly disappointed at how the Blaze performed. It takes ages for the Blaze to establish a connection with my Z3 and when it's connected I get 1 out of 4 bars signal strength - at a distance of maybe 30cm. While running the Blaze then loses that connection and makes up some bogus distance, 2.6km instead of 3.3km, resulting in a 6'19'' average vs. the actual 4'30'' as measured on my Microsoft Band 2. This is an absolute showstopper, I had to actually delete those runs from the fitbit app because connected web sites (e.g. runtastic) actually take those numbers at face value.

I can't even add those runs (as recorded by the Band 2) in the fitbit app afterwards, yet another bummer. I had hoped that fitbit wouldn't release connected GPS without being absolutely sure that this feature works just as well as with the Surge, albeit requiring me to carry a mobile phone at the same time. Alas, my first impressions seem to indicate just that. I no longer trust this thing and will from now on always wear the Band 2 as backup and eventually return the Blaze (and leave the fitbit ecosystem) if there isn't an easy fix.

Major disappointment for a $200 device.

Best Answer
90 REPLIES 90

Question for all: what is your situation for the following?

-phone in armband?

-side of body your phone is on vs blaze?

-carrying phone in hand?

Charge HR (retired) - Blaze - iPhone XR
Best Answer
0 Votes
Blaze left arm
Phone arm band on right upper arm (this holds the back of the phone flat to
my arm / body, the antenna is in there i know that)
No longer a fitbit device user
Best Answer

Mine was the same as well today I did both on left arm and 0 disconnection.

IMG_1365.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep.. I have one of these garbage watches too.. Yeah it's great pedometer but not much use for much else.. 

Had mine 2 months now and although the first month was OK the past 3-4 weeks it has been pretty much useless.. Almost certain the recent  firmware update wrecked it 

I bought the blaze for running and to sinc to strava but the past few weeks it finishes my runs before me.. I do 5k and 10k runs.. The watch registers 1&2k then drops out to main watchface screen,.. Thats if it even connects to the phone in the first place.. 

If your serious about sports or running etc get something else.. The blaze is too unreliable for serious users..  It's OK challenging your great granny to a daily step challenge,.. But not got much else

Back to garmin for me 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes
This sounds like you have something else going on than lost Bluetooth
connection. What phone are you using?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using a Samsung S7 Edge.. Initially it worked fine.. Seems either the latest Fitbit app update or watch firmware update had messed it up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
have you contacted fitbit support? That seems like a tracker issue more
than likely. Either that, or you could clear the app out and redownload to
see if that helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the S7 and have the same issue! Worked great until recently. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Raff1967 so what has changed recently?

I find that cfonnected GPS has problems if i havent cleared out memory lately,  my S5 like all other Android phones need to be restarted c at least once a week. I also fond swiping currently not needed apps out of memory also helps.

Of course if thr initial connection can't be made a simple restart of the phone works. I've notice if the tracker won't connect, the notifacations are also not being sent, and im also unable to connect to my HP printerx so im not sure if it is phone or Fi5bit related.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have exactly the same issues. Also one plus 3. It used to work fine now it just loses GPS after a mile or so. App opened. Screen unlocked. Garbage... Ditching fitbit for garmin me thinks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are there any energy saving modes enabled?

Best Answer
0 Votes