Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze miles when riding bike

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I have noticed when I ride my bike out side the miles don't show up on the dashboard.

I have tried to contact support about this but they respond and then I reply back a million days later they respond and blah blah blah. What can I do to have my miles show up on my dashboard?

I use the blaze and go to exercise and tap bike and it connects to my iPhone 7 plus and I hit start I ride my bike and when I'm done I hit stop and done and it saves but nothing shows up on my dashboard.

Hope this makes sense..

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner You would think it would show miles on the Dashboard, unfortunately that only shows miles from steps (miles = stride * steps), and from runs using connected GPS (but not walks with connected GPS). Make sense? Not really, but that's how it works 

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Where do you expect it to show on your dashboard? Your daily activity should go up unless you ride slow, and your ride should show if you click on the daily exercise goals tab. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner You would think it would show miles on the Dashboard, unfortunately that only shows miles from steps (miles = stride * steps), and from runs using connected GPS (but not walks with connected GPS). Make sense? Not really, but that's how it works 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner do yoi get s map of tour ride? Your miles should show up.in the event log.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue wrote:

Your miles should show up.in the event log.

That's not the Dashboard. Biking miles never show up on the Dashboard 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since it was not clear, i was trying to ascertain if miles showed up anyplace.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah Fitbit finally replied back saying that.
And it does make sense since I was not walking.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. And that does makes sense.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner glad you are ok with it. Fitbit dashboard focus on steps/walking/running doesn't make sense to me, as a road cyclist and weight lifter.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I thought it would show but then I thought about it more. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I've thought about it a lot, Fitbit should absolutely allow us to view cycling miles (or swimming yards) on the Dashboard. The data is in the app, but for some reason there has never been a tile to access it at a glance.

For me, it takes a tap and 3 swipes to view my cycling miles in the phone app, and you are stuck looking at the last 4 weeks, unless you tap two more times to bring up a 1 week view. However THIS ONLY WORKS BECAUSE I DON'T LOG WALKING/RUNNING AS EXERCISE. So if you log walks and runs as exercise, then you'll get miles from everything.

How-to:

1. only log cycling as exercise

2. from dashboard click on the Track exercise tile, then swipe right 3 times

Here is a screenshot I just took:

Cycling Distance.png

Again, this summarizes all exercise miles so I only log cycling and never log walks or runs.

No good reason this information isn't available on a dashboard tile. I have other apps that allow me to display miles from a single activity. This is one of my biggest disappointments since the multi-sport Surge was launched years ago, its seems Fitbit hasn't realized that some fitness goals are non-step based.

Best Answer
0 Votes