Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze - not accurately counting my steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got on the treadmill today and put my Blaze on the treadmill setting.  I walked three miles according to the treadmill. The Blaze gave me credit for .92!!!  I'm so angry.  This has been happening consistently.  Should I return it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

If you are holding on to bars it will not count your steps.

It will also not match the treadmill either. They are different technology and you stride is also different  then you normal stride.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Same problem here. My treadmill and Blaze are about 1200 steps off from each other after a 70 minute walk. I'm not holding on to any bars. I'm swinging my arms. The discrepancy is growing by the day. I did a regular walk (did not use exercise setting) and my Blaze credited me with 580 steps after 45 minutes. I'm very angry about this as well. 

Best Answer

Exactly!  I am not holding on to the bars either.   This is not, by any means, the first time.  That is why I am posting.  I have been on the treadmill every weekday morning for three months now and it's starting to make me mad.  I am constantly shorted anywhere from a half a mile to two miles.  Sometimes, it looks like the step count on my Blaze is frozen, and it is because I have tested it and it misses steps, even when I'm not on the treadmill. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @ShoB@Daphne3872 it's great to see you around and @WendyB thanks for stopping by.

As mentioned by our friend, if you are holding the bars, your steps won't be accurate. Now if you are not holding the bars, I recommend restarting your Blaze and walk 100 steps, then tell me how many steps your trackers registered.

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

After my Blaze wasn't giving me credit for my steps on the treadmill...it finally froze up altogether. I contacted FB about the problems. They sent me a new Blaze that I received late last week. I did a 70 min walk/run on the treadmill Saturday and the step count was within 25 steps of what my treadmill reported. I'm much happier now! 

Best Answer

Yes!  My sister visited my house for a week and we walked the same distances every day.  She has the Charge 2.  Each day, my Blaze would give me around 2,000 to 3,000 steps less than her.  So frustrating.  I also keep losing all of the Fitbit competitions I join because I have to keep walking so much extra!

Best Answer
0 Votes