Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not calculating distance correctly on indoor tract

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using the surge for a year and switched to the blaze recently. It's been working correctly, but today at the gym, it didn't record my distance correctly on the indoor track. It got the steps correct, but the GPS kicked in and it really screwed things up. Any suggestions on what setting I need to change?Screenshot_20170114-212827.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

WHen inside you need to turn off the gps, or use the treadmill option that has GPS off by default.

GOS is tge only difference between walk/run vs treadmill. 

To turn iff gos in run go to the Charge 2 settings, exercise shortcuts , run.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing happened to me today as well. I purchased the Blaze yesterday and walked a mile on an indoor track today. I used a lap counter on my phone which I know was correct but the Blaze only calculated 0.56 miles. I'm not sure how to correct it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @MeeShell1010, when GPS is off or unavailable your distance will be calculated by multiplying the number of steps by your stride length.  If your distance is wrong, either the steps counted is wrong or your stride length is wrong.

You can check and manually recalculate your stride length by following the instructions here.

If the number of steps is wrong you can help that by walking deliberately and firmly, allowing your arms to swing naturally.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

If your walking inside a building, there will be to much interference for GPS to work. Either go 8nto settinhd and turn the GPS off for tge run/walk or use the treadmill setting which is the sameyhong but defsilts to mo GPD.

Tryingvyo use GOS inside will never give an accurate distsnce.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much for the information 😊
Best Answer
0 Votes