Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not charging - therefore not updating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my new FitBit Blaze today and after having it on charge for the past 2hrs there has been no progress in the charging and the battery icon on the app has remained red.

I have been told that I won't see the progress of the battery charging until I have updated the Blaze, but can't do this until the battery is charged.

When trying to update the Blaze it continually says "Your Blaze's battery is too low to continue". Plug it in and charge it up before trying again. Like I mentioned it has been on charge (yes the prongs are aligned and the case clicked when I closed it, tried several different USB ports and plugs) for 2hrs or so with no progress.

Has anyone had this problem and it resolved and eventually fully charged itself or am I handling a faulty Blaze?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

My new blaze is not charging either but it doesn't even show battery icon. Just logo and web URL...

@nic13b wrote:

I got my new FitBit Blaze today and after having it on charge for the past 2hrs there has been no progress in the charging and the battery icon on the app has remained red.

I have been told that I won't see the progress of the battery charging until I have updating the Blaze, but can't do this until the battery is charged.

When trying to update the Blaze it continually says "Your Blaze's battery is too low to continue". Plug it in and charge it up before trying again. Like I mentioned it has been on charge (yes the prongs are aligned and the case clicked when I closed it) for 2hrs or so with no progress.

Has anyone had this problem and it resolved and eventually fully charged itself or am I handling a faulty Blaze?

Best Answer

That is the same screen mine is showing.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem with my new Blaze. I have sent an email to Fitbit support. It will be interesting to see their response

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting update - I had been setting up my new Blaze while I was at work using my computers USB port and my FitBit app over a 4G network.

I got home and plugged the Blaze into my iPhone charger and the FitBit app had connected to my

home WiFi. The Blaze had started updating within 5mins and was fully charged within 30mins.

Coincidence?

Best Answer
0 Votes