Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not holding a charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My blaze started having battery problems yesterday. I charged it yesterday morning  and then by the afternoon, it had drained. I charged it again and then it drained again overnight. I charged it for a few hours this morning and within 3 hours I needed to charge again. I reset the tracker and it doesn’t seem to be helping. I bought this in June 2016 and I really don’t want to have a buy a new on so soon. Can I possibly get some help with my blaze? I rely on it daily. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
36 REPLIES 36

Hi there @lenperalta. Good to see you in the Community Forums! I'm sorry you're having problems with the battery on your Blaze not lasting as it should 😕

With a regular usage, the battery should last for about 5 days. I can recommend putting it to charge and once it's fully charged, take it off the cradle and put it on. Sync it and use it as you would normally do. Make sure to sync it frequently after this so that the battery levels are recorded on the app logs and once the battery dies, let me know so that I can take a closer look and then we can move forward with other options to get you back on track.

I'll be looking forward for your reply!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Thank you! I can I’ll let you know.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer

It’s fully charged now. I’ll sync and let you know when battery needs charging again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok 5 hours later, I need to recharge. What can I do about this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try restarting your Blaze. Go to settings and choose shutdown. Then press and hold the button on the left and let it restart. Then change it completely. See if that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried that. So far so good. I’ll let you know as the day goes on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, the same is happening to my Blaze.  I restarted at least 3 times now and the issue still.  I also bought a new charge but still the baterry life is only from 3 to 5 horus.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks a lot for getting back @lenperalta! Thanks a lot for the suggestion @litetaker and welcome to the Forums @Daygonz! 🙂

@lenperalta @Daygonz, when it comes to battery problems, a restart doesn't help very much. That's why I've gone ahead and escalated your cases to our Support Team for them to take a deeper look into it and that way we can have you back on track soon.

Please keep an eye on your inbox for more instructions and if you need any other thing, please, let me know!

Best Answer

The shutdown and restart seemed to fix the battery issues. It’s held a charge all day so far. I’ll keep an eye on this.

Best Answer

Ok, I’m charging my blaze again based on supports recommendation. My blaze says the battery is dead even though the app says it’s on medium. I’m going through the steps support sent me to see what happens. I’ll keep you updated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also noticed my blaze is no longer tracking active minutes. Just went ona 2 mile run and it didn’t track minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot even track my workouts or sleep insights cause the battery lasted for 3 to 5 hours lasts at most.  So by the time of my workouts the tracker is off and by the time of my sleep the trackers is connected to the charger.  I shall return to my old friend FitBit Alta but definitely, I will miss the Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @lenperalta, thanks for getting back and I'm glad to hear that the Support Team is already working with you on this.

@Daygonz, I was also able to confirm with the Support Team that they're working with you about this problem, so if you need anything else, feel free to let me know!

Any other things you guys may need, I'm always here to help!

Best Answer

Hi @FerdinandFitbit yes, the team contacted me. Thank you  for looking after this. 

Best Answer

@FerdinandFitbit Is this a problem with software? In the past week or so my blaze has been getting worse and worse at holding a charge.  It went from 4 days to 2 to 1 to now only about 5 hours or so.  I have tried restarting it, power cycling, syncing then charging. Not really sure whats going on. 

Best Answer

My blaze is not holding a charge either! I have charged it a few extra times today and its already dead! 

Best Answer

Ok, support has offered me a 25% discount, which is fine, but I’m not enthusiastic about it since I bought this Blaze under 2 years ago and it seems like it should have lasted me longer.  I think that this might be a software issue, as I noticed since they introduced the sleep monitoring, the battery has been excreting up.  I am also noticing that the sleep tracking doesn’t seem to be working any longer.  I’m thinking that this may correct itself with an update (at least that’s what I’m hoping) Fingers crossed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm almost positive this is a software issue. I checked the App store and the Fitbit app was updated 5 days ago right around the same time my Fitbit started having battery issues. I'm going to wait until the app is updated again to see what happens, but it seems all too coincidental that I started having these issues after the latest update installed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thinks it's the software as well. I've had my Blaze for two years and this is the only problem it ever has had. It usually last for a couple of days then it works fine. No troubleshooting I've ever done helps. It just fixes itself for some reason.

Best Answer
0 Votes