Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not holding a charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My blaze started having battery problems yesterday. I charged it yesterday morning  and then by the afternoon, it had drained. I charged it again and then it drained again overnight. I charged it for a few hours this morning and within 3 hours I needed to charge again. I reset the tracker and it doesn’t seem to be helping. I bought this in June 2016 and I really don’t want to have a buy a new on so soon. Can I possibly get some help with my blaze? I rely on it daily. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
36 REPLIES 36

Was there a software update that caused this or is Fitbit purposefully killing the Blaze.  Seems very suspicious that so many of us have this problem at the exact same time.  

I have had different fit bits for 5 years.  This is ridiculous!!  Ready to go to Apple.

Angry! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with you in a way. I've had mine for over 2 years without a single issue and a couple weeks before the Versa comes out it starts to have problems....  Then when you contact support they just off you 25% off a new one. Seems a bit fishy to me too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apple did planned obsolescence with the phones. Why wouldn’t fitbit do it with their products? I’m thinking this is what is happening to our blazes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now the fitbit app is telling me I need to connect to the internet to get historical data. It seems to think I have no internet connection. I am writing this on my phone with an internet connection right now. This is utter trash. I’m getting really fumed at this situation. Not looking forward to dropping more money on broken stuff.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here mine has always lasted 4/5days since the weekend I have to charge it everyday... it sounds like a problem with them! How annoying!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good Morning,

I loved my Blaze; however, I am experiencing an issue now where mine was fully charge yesterday morning (7:00am) and was dead by 9:30am.  I have been trying to charge it but it just connects and disconnects over and over again.  After a short time I see an overheating picture on the screen.  I have tried to clean the contacts on the Blaze and the charger and it does not seem to help.  I am not sure if it is the Blaze or the charger that is having issues.  

Thanks for any assistance with this.  

Best Answer

That is exactly what happened to mine.  Not much over a year old and now dead, as determined by FitBit.  Either they killed them on purpose or did it with a software update and refuse to admit it.  They offered me a 25% discount, but it does NOT apply to new products. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit blaze has also been acting up the last 2 days. I’ve had it 2 years and no issues until this past Thursday morning. I charged it then it shuts down shortly after... it has a full battery then it’s completely drained. Im glad I came to look on the forum to see if anyone else had the same issue. Now I’m also thinking it’s something to do with the software update? 

Best Answer

@Fitbit  What is going on with the BLAZE?  What did you do to it?  Why are we left with a 25% discount that isn't even good on the new version?  We deserve answers! 

Best Answer

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine!

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have been experiencing with your trackers. If you haven't checked our warranty policy, I recommend taking a look at it.

For the ones that received a discount, keep in mind that you can use that to purchase another Fitbit device (except the new ones), if you don't want a Blaze any longer, you can take a look at our comparison page, where you can see your other options.

Also, I would like to know how many of you have contacted our support team?

Catch you later. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

3 months of constant charging and I'm done. I'd love to stay with Fitbit, but to be honest, not sure the product is of high enough quality. Looking to buy a watch right now actually. Keep me as customer.

Best Answer

My problem with the Blaze battery is that if I put it on the charger, it overheats within about 2 minutes. In the rare occasion that it doesn't overheat, it will say it is charged completely, but when I take it out I have 30 seconds to use it. I've been looking in all of the Community tips and things here, but I haven't seen anything like this out there. How do I fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, in my case my device just died. Customer Service sent out a new one. Check if you warranty with them.

Best Answer
Thx. Will do!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having similar problems.  I bought my Blaze in June 2016.   It was holding a charge for 4 days and in the last month it only holds it for a day and a half.  I have tried shutting it down and restarting as well as cleaning the battery heads.  Trouble is, I use it 24/7.  I love the sleep feature and don’t want to disable the notifications.  Is there anything else I can do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did everything the “Help” tab said, but nothing worked. Customer service sent a replacement and now after 8 month my Blaze is died again; so they will send me a new one or provide a discount to buy another model. I guess Blaze was the worst model the launched cause before to purchased the  Blaze I used to wear a Fitbit Alta and it is working nowdays. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have read enough comments that I am thinking of just notifying Fitbit to ask for a discount. Too bad. I really loved my Blaze until this point. Thanks for responding.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes