Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not holding charge.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The blaze advertises a 5 day battery. When I orginially got it, it would last 2-3, which I thought was no big deal because I played with it alot. However, the last week or so my battery seems to be draining. Yesterday I let it fully charged and have made it a point to not play with it excessively since it was charged. It has been about 20 hours and I have < 1/4th battery remaining. Is there something going on in the background that is just draining my battery? I didnt pay this much to charge my watch daily and I can't find why the battery won't last.

Best Answer
344 REPLIES 344

Same issue for me with customer service. In just two short months, my first Blaze was giving me a warning picture of a thermometer. (:warning: with :thermometer: inside of it) After doing some research and it saying I was in too hot of an environment (I was chopping veggies in my air conditioned kitchen), I called customer service and was told it was a battery issue and they sent me a new pebble. The second one lasted great for a year or two and since then has declined to hold a charge. It’s now to the point of going from fully charged to dead in about 12 hours. Completely ridiculous that they won’t FIX the problem instead of only offering free shipping on a new one. I got free shipping on the first through Amazon Prime anyway. My mom and sisters have original models way older than my Blaze (Surge, Flex, Alta, Charge) and they all still work perfectly and only have upgraded because of wanting newer. I loved my Blaze, but am to the point of just leaving Fitbit and going a different route that is less of a hassle and has better customer service that will take more responsibility for their products.

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same hear.  My wife has had the Alta and Charge and loves it.  I wanted the Blaze because of the features it offered and then to be told well dont use them and the battery will last another 12 hours is outrageous.
Best Answer

I have tried all of the ‘solutions’ as well and nothing has worked for mine either. 😫

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue has been ongoing for one year and I see people are still having issues.

I moved to another brand and it works great.  The hest in the Galaxy.

Good luck to the remaining Blaze users.

Best Answer

I also gave up on fitbit, I chose Garmin and am extremely happy with the product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So it has now been 48 hours since I spoke with a tech on chat.  They sent me an email with instructions. Wanted me to charge and drain several times and synch manually several times so they could track how the watch is draining.  Sent them an update to the email they sent me.  All the notifications and heart tracking are off.  Battery still dies within 3-4 hours after taking off the charger.  If I take it off at night fully charged, it dies.  This morning, a software update was sent and I updated.  Charged again and died again within 3 hours.  Then this afternoon I got an email from tech support that says unfortunately my Fitbit is out of warranty and they are offering me discounts towards the purchase of a new one from their website.  That's really too bad.  I've only had the watch 2-1/2 years.  If that's all I'm going to get out of an expensive watch/tracker then I'm going back to a conventional watch.  My iPhone can keep track of my steps.  And all of my watches still work after dozens of years, some with only a battery change.  In my opinion, this was caused by a bad software push and because Fitbit won't stand behind their product, they will continue to lose customers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue as my blaze wont hold charge for a single day and my heart rate sensor doesn't register anything even though the green light continues to be on. I reply to mail was a ridiculous solution and i had tried that already tried that and had mention that detail on the mail

Best Answer
0 Votes
Switched to Apple Watch never looked back

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @DelawareMike@CourtMc2 and @SaTvIk_94. Welcome to the Community Forums. @jetfan214, @TommyCanada@gdw3366 and @Knower, it's great to see you here. I'm sorry for the delay in my response.

@DelawareMike, thanks for sharing detailed information about your Blaze behavior, as well for he steps that you've tried.  I see where are you coming from as the purpose of your device is to motivate you, I'm sorry that you've had to go through this difficulties. I've been informed that you already have a case created with the Support team and they're currently working with you on this situation.

@CourtMc2, I'm sorry about the issues that your Blaze currently has, and thanks for any troubleshooting that you've performed to get it working again. @jetfan214, thanks for joining the conversation. It's recommended to turn off the features that aren't in use since the battery life will depend on how frequent they're used, but I see where are you coming from and appreciate our feedback. 

I've contacted our Support Team on your behalf, so they can create a new case for you and give you a hand. I'll make sure to share all your information, and you can expect to receive an email from them shortly.

@SaTvIk_94, thanks for letting me know about your Blaze, as well for your sharing your thoughts about our Support Team. I'm sorry that you've had this experience and thanks for bringing it to my attention. Since a case was already opened for you, please reply back to our team's email confirming all the steps that you've tried so they can continue investigating this situation.

@TommyCanada@gdw3366 and @Knower, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, and I'm sorry for the experience that you've had with the Blaze. I understand your position and our team will make sure to work on our products based on every comment posted in the Community.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had my Fitbit blaze for 3 years and now the battery life only lasts 2 hours at most.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You got two years more than I did.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Snacklord, welcome to the Community. @Username196, it's nice to see you here.

@Snacklord, thanks for letting me know about your Blaze. Because the battery life depends on how frequently you use its features, I'd recommend to turn of the features that aren't currently in use. For more information check this help article. Also, make sure to charge your Blaze by plugging your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger.

@Username196, thanks for sharing your feedback and I'm sorry that you've had this experience with your Blaze. We continue to grow and improve as we aim to provide the best fitness trackers, your comments are greatly appreciated.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have been experiencing my battery not holding a charge. I just finished reading another post where this person went back to using the old watch faces and his battery issues were over. I am charging mine now hoping that will work!

Best Answer
0 Votes
What do you mean by using the old watch faces?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had issues with the battery for over a year,  Someone suggested turning the Blaze off through settings.  I did that and the battery worked again for over 3 months.  It has since died and only holds the charge for an hour,  the diamond picture is shown on the face of the watch as the battery dies. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sketti72 and @Bogu, welcome on board. It's nice to see new faces around. @Username196, thanks for getting back. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

@Sketti72, I'm glad to hear that your Blaze is working, and thanks for taking the time to review our Forums. Just to confirm, what do you mean by changing to the old clock faces? Please share the steps that you've followed so others can give it a try.

@Bogu, thanks for letting me know about your Blaze, and I'm sorry that it's not holding charge again. May I know if you've checked our help article with tips to maximize the battery life? Also, I'd recommend to charge your Blaze by plugging the charging cable into a USB port from a computer or use a UL-certified USB wall charger.

I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issue with my Blaze not holding a charge, green lights constantly on and HR not working. The only suggestion after trying the reset and customer support checking the back log of the battery was to purchase a new Ionic (with a discount) as my Blaze was just out of warranty. I expect a product of this type to last a bit longer than 2 or so years and to have a support centre from the company where it can be repaired. Told it was an internal battery and not replaceable! Poor quality Fitbit!!!!  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just went ahead and bought just the pebble off Ebay for $40. So far it is working perfectly. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm now experiencing a HR and battery life problem on my Blaze like others on this post and would love to get some assistance. 

Until 4-5 days ago I'd been able to go 3-5 days in a full charge and then when I was working out on Sat the HR stopped working without any notice of the battery being low (email or icon on device display) .  The green light was flashing, but no HR was displayed on the device.  Tried restarting Fitbit twice and turning off and on the heart rate and only got the HR to record temporarily.

HR didn't record until Mon after I fully charged the device.  Then the HR failed again on Tues during my workout.  Tried repositioning on my arm and moving to other arm and no progress..

Then I noticed on walk yesterday although the battery wasn't completely drained the device was restarting and intermittently recording the HR.

During all that I did try updating the app on my Pixel 2 to the latest version and also added premium (just to take care of free offer, not thinking it would resolve the problem), but updating the app didn't make a difference.

What additional steps can be done to resolve this issue?  I can't count on my device to consistently record my HR and last a full day without needing to be recharged.  Thanks!

Screenshot_20200326-114249.png

Best Answer
My advice is throw the fitbit out. I went thru what you are trying to do
about a year ago.

You get no help from fitbit except that they will give you a small discount
if you buy a new watch.

If you really need a new device buy it from another company.
Best Answer