Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not holding charge.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The blaze advertises a 5 day battery. When I orginially got it, it would last 2-3, which I thought was no big deal because I played with it alot. However, the last week or so my battery seems to be draining. Yesterday I let it fully charged and have made it a point to not play with it excessively since it was charged. It has been about 20 hours and I have < 1/4th battery remaining. Is there something going on in the background that is just draining my battery? I didnt pay this much to charge my watch daily and I can't find why the battery won't last.

Best Answer
344 REPLIES 344
Wow. That is absolutely crazy. This is truly evident that fitbit can sell us substandard products because we keep buying them and not holding them accountable. Not anymore for me. They do care about producing quality products.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm calling BS on all responses. Solved? Hardly. My fitbit has been fine up until the last two weeks. There is no way that it should be my tracking as an issue. I don't really touchmy fitbit. Fully charged it lady night, put in inn this morning and by 5pm it was dead as a door knob. Can i get a new battery for at some place like batteries plus. Don't give me your stock answer cause I've read it and it isn't going to fix my fitbit. Thanks. I LOVE my fitbit and NEED my fitbit. Work week hustle...yay!!!! 

Best Answer
If it’s been more than a year they won’t usually help you. If you make a stink sometimes they will give you a refurb, but they always die too.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am having he same issue,  I got an Alta for Christmas this year.  I exchanged it for a Blaze in January.  Starting in March I noticed that it was dying in 2 days.  Then the time wasnt syncing, my notifications werent coming though.  Now the watch dies in less than a day.  The "Solution: is not a "Solution"  telling someone to contact customer service is not a solution.

Best Answer
Yes it is not a solution. They will send you a new tracker in 5  to 7 days which i received,  but all the post said this one will do the same thing. Which mean all the conpliants and they are not trying to ficmx the overall problem. Sending  a new tracker is a temporary solution.

Best Answer

I charged my blaze this morning around 9am and it’s already lost 1/4 battery life in roughly 12 hours. I used to have great battery life up until a couple weeks ago. I charged the blaze Friday afternoon and it was flashing red at me Sunday evening indicating the battery was almost dead but I was too lazy to charge it and waited until this morning. That is with minimal use and receiving text notifications. I didn’t do any workouts, listen to music, connect gps, etc that would consume more battery life. 

Best Answer
Ditch the Bit

Sent from my iPhone
JT
Best Answer

Have you contacted Fitbit about your problem I want to know if they will send me a replacement or the new versa since they discontinued the blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there!  

Since I had only had this Blaze for a few weeks, they did send a replacement (without the band, etc).  Customer service was able to remotely see that my blaze was only holding a charge for 3 hours!  I did have the option of purchasing a different product for $50 off, but since I had spent almost $200 for the Blaze, I opted for a replacement.  The replacement is working great, thank goodness.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted Fitbit, they kept sending replacements (4) until my year was up - on the original one. Then it was tough luck for a replacement. Their product just does not stand up! This is not just the Blaze, other Fitbit products are doing the same thing. There are so many other manufacturers in the market these days I am not sure why Fitbit does not make a reliable product.

Best Answer

Hate to be a bearer of bad news but if you look at the previous posts you could be in for a short life span. I ask Fitbit the question - Why is the Blaze no longer on the market??

Best Answer
0 Votes

The solution was accepted by the original poster 2 years ago. 

Posting in a solved thread about a problem then complaining the solution doesn't work is simply dumb. Before a post was added the solution should have been tried. If the solution did not work, then we should not be posting in a solved thread. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Right on JT! Legend *******tell your fitbit buddies to mark this as unsolved and fix their products!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like I am not the only one with this issue. I have had my Blaze for 3 weeks. The battery life is now under 8 hours. The chat person sent me the same information that basically tells you that the battery will last longer if you don't use the fitbit. Ummm...thanks for your help. 

I had a couple older fitbits that eventually died after a year (each). This Blaze is a complete disappointment. The customer service, while very nice, is also a disappointment, as they are not actually there to fix the problem. They are there to tell you that the battery will last longer when you disable all functionality of the unit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well excuse me for being dumb I've never posted on any of these forums and I had no idea of what solved meant.  Next time instead of being a dick and calling somebody dumb just take a moment to explain how things work. Instead of somebody calling you a dick they might take the time to thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
He call all of us dumb for complaining about their mistakes.  Maybe we should call for him to be fired for being unprofessional.

Best Answer
0 Votes

my blaze is 4 months old and i am experiencing the same problems.. i charged it full, went to bed and by morning it was dead. For spending so much money on a product like this, i am sadly disappointed.by reading all the other replies, it must be a bad design on the watch or something. they are sending me a replacement, but i'm half afraid to wear it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do not be disappointed if the new one fails and remember you will only have 7-8 months warranty left on your new Blaze as your warranty period starts and ends from the ORIGINAL purchase date. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
They will always send you out a new one... that is right up until the the one year from the original purchase. I had so many of them.. not one has ever lasted a year or even close to a year. I gave up on them. I think if they want to stand behind their product each replacement should come with its own warranty.. they can’t do that though.. they know those batteries don’t last a year.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did anyone notice that the "new" Ionic has now been surpassed by a "newer, updated" Versa? Fitbit just keeps pumping out new products. It makes a person wonder if Ionic has issues also.......

Best Answer
0 Votes