Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not holding charge.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The blaze advertises a 5 day battery. When I orginially got it, it would last 2-3, which I thought was no big deal because I played with it alot. However, the last week or so my battery seems to be draining. Yesterday I let it fully charged and have made it a point to not play with it excessively since it was charged. It has been about 20 hours and I have < 1/4th battery remaining. Is there something going on in the background that is just draining my battery? I didnt pay this much to charge my watch daily and I can't find why the battery won't last.

Best Answer
344 REPLIES 344

I am having the same issue when I first got my blaze it lasted 4 or 5 days, now dead in 36 hours or sooner. Just bought my daughter an i watchand I am afraid I might have to get one also. 

Best Answer

Mine is the same. Under 2 days now. Was 4.5 days when I got it. Decreased to 3 fairly quickly and is still dropping. No notifications & auto-off.

Best Answer

It's great to have you around @nich-a-licious@Thirdy990 and @PJH_UK. If you are having problems with your Blaze battery life and have tried all troubleshoot possible, feel free to get in touch with our support team. For a faster response you can contact them via phone or chat.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not much to add except just to confirm what others are saying. I have had my Fitbit Blaze for about 10 months. At first I was very impressed by how long it would hold a charge -- and that was with notifications on, automatic updating, quick view on, etc. It lasted about 5 days. But gradually the time has fallen and is now down to under 2 days. I can adopt an "every night" approach and hope that lasts for a while.

Obviously batteries do wear down. I wonder what the normal profile is for declining battery function for the Blaze.

Best Answer

AngelaMa, I so appreciate your tips and I am putting them to the test today.  I JUST got my Blaze a week ago 2/15 and am frustrated that from the start it's not holding a charge more than two days.  It's even more disheartening to read the number of others who are having the same problem.  

Although I appreciate that turning of various things (heart tracking, alarms/reminders, notifications, etc) is great at helping to preserve battery ... why spend $150-$180 on a fitness tracker that you can't use the items without charging your tracker every day????  I'm not a rocket scientist or anything but that just doesn't seem right to me.  I am beginning to wonder if I made a mistake going with FitBit again (already have had the Charge 2 and the basic model).  I'm pretty discouraged right now.

Best Answer
I hear your discouragement, thank you for posting your grievances on this thread because FitBit needs to hear it. In their defense, since my original post my watch has mellowed out and decided to function properly. I believe this is because I make a point to charge it to a full battery every time if possible, unless it's an emergency and I forgot or timed it's charge improperly. Well timed charges occur once, maybe twice, a week. Best of luck.
Best Answer

My blaze isn't even a yr old and just within the past 24 hrs it is not holding a charge. I've tried the suggested solutions but to no avail. What next?

Best Answer
I would contact the company.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you

Moderator edit: Removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit is doing exactly the same.  I have ongoing troubles with syncing and have contacted the help a number of times over this. It manages to resolve itself temporarily to only stop syncing a week later.  Now the battery is only holding charge for 24 hours.  I charge it over night so it is fully charged and either the next night or the morning after that it is dead again. Very disappointed as I have been supporting and using fitbit (flex, charge and now blaze) for years. I am thinking that I might have to change over to the i watch as well.

Best Answer
Contact them directly, hopefully they can help. I bought a protection plan with my watch so go that route too if you can.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Since my last post, my Blaze has completely died - blank. I had the Charge
first and it didn't make it a year - the band seperated so I upgraded to
the Blaze and I love it, but again it hasn't been a year. Customer service
has offered a replacement. Explore the possibility.

--

* "Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For,
indeed that's all who ever have." Margaret Mead*
Best Answer
IKR. Although I love the style, I'm regretting the purchase. I hate that Fitbit doesn't seem to listen to their customers.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well it looks like I may be the next victim.  I specifically chose the fitbit blaze over Apple Watch and Samsung Gear due to the length of time it would stay charged.  Now, 36 hours is the longest I can keep this thing charged!   I have been a fitbit user since the fitbit one, and bought this Blaze just before Christmas.  I really would like to get more than a few month's use out of a tracker before having to replace it.  I had a fitbit Charge HR for over a year and a half with no issues, and my step daughter now uses it since I upgraded to the Blaze.  SMH, will call support, but I am not too optimistic.

Best Answer

After reading these messages, I feel my fitbit is complete garbage and a waste of money. i got 11 months out of it. Should have bucked up a few more dollars and got the apple watch. watch see trash, trash see watch. thanks fitbit. not.

Best Answer

I ended up calling Fitbit and they have since sent me a replacement.  Hopefully this one will work better.  Their support was actually pretty good and I didn't have to jump through too many hopps for them to warranty this.

Best Answer
I was very pleased with their customer support...they checked back twice
and followed thru..hope we have better luck this time
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. My Blaze is less than 6months old... Was originally good for 3-4days... Just yesterday it ran out of charge and then again today (not even a full day) it has run out of charge again!!! This is really concerning! I don't check the watch and or update to the phone all that often, usually 2-3 times a day? I hope Fitbit can resolve this issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine loses its charge in three HOURS. This just started today ...suddenly. I've had the Blaze for about 14 months. Contacted support and waiting for response. 

Best Answer

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine. Woman Wink 

If you are having problems with your Blaze battery, I recommend taking a look at this post and follow the instructions provided there.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes