Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not holding charge.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The blaze advertises a 5 day battery. When I orginially got it, it would last 2-3, which I thought was no big deal because I played with it alot. However, the last week or so my battery seems to be draining. Yesterday I let it fully charged and have made it a point to not play with it excessively since it was charged. It has been about 20 hours and I have < 1/4th battery remaining. Is there something going on in the background that is just draining my battery? I didnt pay this much to charge my watch daily and I can't find why the battery won't last.

Best Answer
344 REPLIES 344

Just spoke with fitbit support and they said it is an issue with IOS. In other words, you can't use it with IOS technology. They told me if you get an android and/or if you just use a desktop, that would solve the battery issue. To me this is not satisfactory. I just bought my iPhone and it was a lot more money than even the fitbit Blaze. fitbit should work with Apple to get this fixed. I rarely go onto a desktop to use the fitbit app...the app is intended for a smart device so that you can use it anywhere.

Best Answer

I am sorry, but I wouldn't believe that.  I have an Android phone and have the same problem.  All of the sudden my Blaze that I had for 2 months went from needing to be charged in 3 days to once every day.  Do not switch phones.  Sounds like you need to switch watches.

Best Answer
yes if everyone would stop buying there junk watch maybe they would fix the problem,but as long as people keep buying them why sold they.Let's just try to get the word out that theree watches are crap.
Best Answer

The problem is that they are addictive. The disappointment of the blaze running out just before you exercise tells me lots about myself. I recently bought my brother a smart fitness watch for Chrustmas. The sensible thing would to have bought him a Charge2 and I could have encouaged him from afar by adding him as a friend. However, I didn't want him to have a poor experience, so got him a Garmin instead which says 5-7 days for battery life. We'll see if that's true. For all I know it could be as chuffin' rubbish. So I guess I've done what you've suggested. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My battery life is only holding less then 4 hrs do that mean i need to replace my battery

Best Answer

My battery life is only holding less then 4 hrs do that mean i need to replace my battery.

Best Answer
Get an I watch.

Sent from my iPhone
JT
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this problem in November, contacted fitbit support and they saw the issue through my account- but I was outside of the warranty. They offered me 25% off and when I said that wasn't acceptable, they sent me a replacement.

However, my fitbit started working again a couple days later, so I didn't use the replacement and gave it to my sister who has purchased like three of the older version of the clip on fitbit and used those for the last 5 years so she could upgrade.

Now I'm kicking myself because my fitbit is doing the same thing again. It started a few days ago, where it's dying within three hours of a full charge. I've tried charging it for shorter periods, overnight, turning it off/on, nothing is working. I know they won't send another replacement and I am just bummed. I've had it for a year and a half and don't understand why a product would no longer work after such a short period of time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Get a Apple Watch. Problem goes away!

Sent from my iPhone
JT
Best Answer
Agreed
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I received a fitbit blaze as a gift this Christmas as an upgrade from my Charge. I am having the same problem with the battery draining in under 24 hrs. The sync function is also very difficult and because of this I have found myself not wearing or using my blaze at all recently. It's just too frustrating. It would be great if this could be resolved. 

Best Answer

I received a blaze for Christmas and now have similar battery issues and some unusual activity with the clock face changing to whatever it feels like now and again.

Really enjoy the watch and find it extremely disappointing that Fitbit think it is acceptable for such a pricey item to malfunction this way even outside of warranty. 

People who are saying not to buy it to teach Fitbit a lesson, that’s all well and good but my parents bought it for me as a generous gift and don’t have the IT savvy to have hunted this issue out before buying one.

Would be nice if someone admitted there was an issue instead of telling people to turn of all the features that make the Blaze more that just a digital watch. At least people could be confident that a replacement wouldn’t develop the same problem.

A genuine resolution would be appreciated.

Best Answer
I know ive already had to buy a new charger and now it want stay charged.
This thing cost a lot of money and i love it but i wish there was som thing
they woulf do to resolve this issue
Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too......

had blaze for four weeks...........now cant get a day out of the battery. Suddenly started today, Went from 50% battery to 0% in space of 30 minutes.

Shocking waste of money.  Trouble is I couldn't in all conscience even try and sell it on to recoup some losses.... I'd feel bad selling a dud product on to some other sucker who dreams of a Fitbit.

Not good fitbit

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  I have had my blaze less than a month.  At first it would last for days no problem.  Now I charge it fully at night and don't get through 8 hours of work without it going completely dead.  Then I put it on the charger and it shows half full or full still.... sucks!!!

This is my 5 or 6th fitbit device.  Very disappointing for the blaze, I was very excited to trade in my apple watch for it.

Best Answer

I've had both and the apple watch battery is nothing to brag about either.

Best Answer
have had both and I have had 1 Apple Watch that continues to work flawlessly going on 8 months now since I made the switch. In the 3 years I gave FitBit multiple chances I had 6 trackers. First 2 just fell apart from normal use. The second 2 started with a rash on whatever wrist I wore it on, they replaced it with one (same model) that was less durable but no rash. I then decide to buy a new one, (what was I thinking), I even bought some of my friends one so we could track together and then that’s when the battery woes started, replacement, but more battery woes. Made the ditch of the Fitbit and now my Apple3gen Watch has been simply Amazing. I am now the guy impacting the Net Promoter Score for FitBit.

Sent from my iPhone
JT
Best Answer

have had both and I have had 1 Apple Watch that continues to work flawlessly going on 8 months now since I made the switch. In the 3 years I gave FitBit multiple chances I had 6 trackers. First 2 just fell apart from normal use. The second 2 started with a rash on whatever wrist I wore it on, they replaced it with one (same model) that was less durable but no rash. I then decide to buy a new one, (what was I thinking), I even bought some of my friends one so we could track together and then that’s when the battery woes started, replacement, but more battery woes. Made the ditch of the Fitbit and now my Apple3gen Watch has been simply Amazing. I am now the guy impacting the Net Promoter Score for FitBit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s also funny that FitBit “thinks” they solved the problem. They didn’t. They have many unhappy consumers running around sharing their experiences of dissatisfaction of the continued issues. They haven’t solved anything. We the consumer have solved the problem ourselves, WE.........  FitBit just doesn’t get it. 

Best Answer

I owned 4 Surges which I encountered problems with all of them (cracked cases, stopped syncing, etc) and now have a Blaze and it will not hold a charge at all. I agree that Fitbit certainly has a huge issue with the quality of their products. To spend so much money on a product and have it not function after less than a year is totally unacceptable. I will never recommend Fitbit to anyone, including my worst enemies!!!

Best Answer