Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not lighting up when notification received

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze does vibrate when I get a notification but it doesn't light up.  Shouldn't it do that?

Best Answer
0 Votes
80 REPLIES 80

The difference is that the screen may turn on and the user is not in position to read, or maybe even doesn't need to read the message at this time. 

Best Answer
I have both a Surge, and now a Blaze. The Surge shows a screen notification for every call and text. This works very well and I expected identical behavior for both devices.

I guess that was a bad assumption on my part, but it doesn't make sense that device behavior would be different.

I would definitely like to see the Blaze and the Surge handle call notifications the same way.

Thanks
Best Answer

The Surge does not light up every time it receives a notifacation,  it lights up upon lifting the atm and activation the quick view. As for the unlit display,  this is always on.

The Blaze is always off until the display is activated by quick view,  a tap, or a push of the button.  When a notifavation comes in, the unit buzzes,  then lift the arm to activate quick view. 

Fitbits thinking i assume is why tuen the display on until the user wants to read the message. 

If the display was turned on right away,  and the user didn't look at it, then the week be multiple steps lift arm, scroll up with finger, scroll to see message., needed to read the display. 

Best Answer
Hi Rich.
I've owned my Surge since October and it's paired with a Galaxy Note 5. I don't have to touch the screen or raise my arm to get it to display call information or texts. My Blaze shows me text notifications without turning or touching the screen but not calls. I have to tap the screen to get a call to display.

Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes
The Surge has a screen that doesn't turn off.
Interesting in that the Blaze is not suppose to display any notifacations until the user, in one of three ways, activates the screen.
I just looked and can not see an option to Change this behavior.
Best Answer
Quick View isn't working very reliably for me, only illuminating about 50-60% of the time when I want to check the time (not related to notifications), and only about 10% of the time when I check to see what the notification is. I almost always have to tap the screen, which isn't always convenient or feasible.

I also have a Surge, so the fact that Quick View isn't working well is very frustrating and annoying to me.

I would really like the ability to have all notifications light up, and the option to set the duration of the display (e.g.: 5 sec; 10 sec; 15 sec; etc).
Being able to adjust the sensitivity of Quick View would be another welcome option.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Marathon Racer, sorry for the delay in responding, I just saw this.  You're absolutely right.  The Surge's screen is visible all the time, but it does light up when receiving notifications if the room is dark.

Have a great day!

Bob

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tested and confirmed with my Surge! That's probably why I expected the Blaze to automatically light up for notifications.

Can a moderator please let us know if anything will be done to remedy this?

Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

There is nothing to remedy, the screen on the display works the way the developers designed it too.

W hen receiving a message on the Surge, it is displayed immediately, I forget about the backlight. It works like this because the Surge uses an LCD and therefore the display can be kept on.

The Blaze does not have a backlight since it uses LED's, which tend to pull more power from the batteries. When the Blaze received a message, it will inform the user through vibration. There is no reason to turn the display on until the user wants to read the message, therefore the display stays off until the arm is raised, or the Blaze is tapped . This is by design. 

There are many times that I received a message, but have no intentions of reading it now. The message states in the to be viewed buffer, so 10 minutes later, I raise my arm and the message pops up.

If the screen lit up when the message came in, it would be cleared from the buffer. Ten minutes later, I still would have to lift my arm, no the second arm would be needed to swipe the screen.

@SpidermanBob, the option to have notifacations light up the Blaze has already been suggested in the feature board. Do a search then vote.  The ability to change the on time I don't think has been suggested, you could add this to the features board. Then post a link here, I think it is a great idea and will be glad to come on it.

Best Answer
Personally I see no sense in the Blaze lighting up when I'm not looking at it. Staying dark when it's in my sleeve and hidden away as it usually is when I get a text message is the way I think it ought to work. It lights up when I look at it which is about the only time I want it to.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

For me it's not working. I tried to paralell the device with my body and twist the wrist and is not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I raise my arm my Fitbit Blaze shows me the time.  This is until today.  All of a sudden, I have to press the button to see the screen.  Not sure what changed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I know you already checked but go to the settings on the Blaze, did quick view get turned off. And a restart was tried?
Best Answer

Yippee!!    That solved everything!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @SunsetRunner! I'm glad to hear that everything is working fine for you now! 😄

Let us know if you need anything else!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I tried the propose solution by FerdinandFitbit but my Blaze still does not light. Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @toft. Welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

Is it when you receive call/text notifications that your tracker doesn't light up or it doesn't light up at all?

If you've already checked my suggestions before and nothing works, feel free to get in touch with the Support Team for them to take a look and they'll be happy to help you out!

Let me know if you need more help!

Best Answer
Mostly I am concerned that the time nor exercise progress do not light up
when I move my arm. My Blaze is 6 weeks old and only stopped lighting less
than a week ago
Best Answer
0 Votes

Huh... Mostly this is determined by how you move your arm in order for the Quick View feature to work and make the tracker to light up when you turn your wrist but if you feel like it's totally not working fine, feel free to speak with the Support Guys for them to help you out @toft

Let me know if you need more help!

Best Answer

why does my blaze not respond when I raise my hand to have display shown?

Best Answer
0 Votes