Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not lighting up when notification received

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze does vibrate when I get a notification but it doesn't light up.  Shouldn't it do that?

Best Answer
0 Votes
80 REPLIES 80

Im wondering what quickview has to do with the type of material the Blaze is made of?

@Xlqr have you checked to see if quick view is turned on?

Take the Blaze off of your wrist, place it on the table, now lift the far end up so that it is in a verticle position.  Did the display turn on.

Best Answer

Hey there @Xlqr! Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

Just to add to what @Rich_Laue said, you might want to take a look at this post for more information on how notifications and quick view work together.

Let us know if you need more help and I'm moving your post to that thread for categorization purposes.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
can we hace screen saver on blaze
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Xlqr! Great to see you in the Fitbit Forums! 🙂

Thanks for your suggestion! The best place to share your ideas and make your voice heard is the Feature Suggestions Board. There, you can create your suggestion for others to vote for it and hopefully to have it considered to be implemented.

Let me know if you need anything else and thanks for stopping by.

Best Answer

Too Good it is working

Best Answer

Hey there @SJJ123. Great to see you in the Community Forums!

I'm glad to hear that it's all working for you!

If you need anything at all, be sure to let me know and I'll be happy to help!

Best Answer

Two solutions for this specific problem are as follows:

Solution 1

Depress all three buttons until the "fitbit" logo appears on the screen.

Stop pressing the buttons and drop your arm wearing the fitbit to the vertical position

Raise the arm not wearing the fitbit and turn clockwise three times while saying "holy moley" with each turn.

Raise the arm wearing the fitbit and turn the wrist clockwise so the face of the fitbit can be viewed.

View the time.

Solution 2

Remove the fitbit from your wrist.

Remove the fitbit from the wrist strap

Place the fitbit on a heavy table or other sturdy flat surface

Direct a 3# hammer to the face of the fitbit

Swing the hammer with all our strength

Problem Solved!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@yodaspeaks, i see you have made a grand entry, but there is no function setup for pressing in all three buttons.

Is there something that we may help you with?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community Forums @yodaspeaks!

Is there anything we can help you with?

Best Answer

My blaze will not light up with the quickview function. I read your recommendation and those of other users and no suggestions seem to make it show the screen like it's supposed to. I'm a nurse and need the screen to light when I lift my arm up so I can see the time. I do not want to have to tap the screen multiple times or push one of the side buttons because I need to use my hands and look at the watch at the same time. What do I actually need to do to make this happen? Get a different model of fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
As a Nurse, your walking activity is probably substantial, each step grabs a little power, as a result you should probably charge your watch every day.  My Blaze dims the screen as the battery loses its charge and toward the end of all power in the battery the fitbit can't be read except in a very dark room.
If you aren't carrying your phone with you, the fitbit's efforts to connect can also burn out a fully charged device in about a half a day.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This reply is not helpful to me. My charge 2 simply does not light up as it has done for the 3 months I have had it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is quickview turned on @njversp? Check the settings on the blaze

Best Answer

My Change 2 fitbit does NOT light up--no matter how I twist/turn my arm. 

Despite having programed the device's notification every way imaginable...I am still experiencing a litany of challenges with functionality, i.e.,

-It does NOT register or display my heart rate

-I cannot see my steps (at all)

I received this as a gift and have attempted to use other FitBit products. They have broken easily and not worth the money. Needless to say  I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED WITH MY CHANGE 2 and the FitBit product. I DO NOT plan to replace with another FitBit, nor will/do I recommend this product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KamransMiMi, let's tap on the Chege 2, to get to it's settings, then check both quick view and heart rate  are on. If either is changed we need to sync the tracker.

Now let's take the Charge 2 off and lay it on the table. Lift up the far end so the tracker is vertical, the display should have turned on. 

When you said that you don't see steps and heart rare, is this on the Charge 2 or the Fitbit app that your looking. 

Best Answer
Thank you very much for your reply and for restating the obvious. Although
I'd already performed the steps you described here many times, I did so
again per your instructions.

Again, it dod not work! I cannot view my heart rate or steps on either the
FitBit or the app.

Sounds like I may have gotten a real lemon. And I'm truly exhausted with
trying to resolce...NOT worth my energy.

Thanks again for your help
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is the green lights on the back flashing?

You could try to setup your Charte 2 as a replacement device, choose the Charge ,2 to replace.

If this doesn't fix it, i would teach out to Fitbit. 

Best Answer
I'll try and let you know.
Best Answer

I read you’re explanation and I even tried your method. My arm is on the side of my body, I lift my hand to breast level and nothing happens.  I tried putting my arm at breast leve,.waited until it turned off and then moved my arm, again nothing. If I hit any of the 3 buttons, it turns on. It is very frustrating. No messages coming in and no phone call while I was doing the above. Your help would be appreciTed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I just got a Charge 3, and when I first started wearing the clock face lit up every time I would bring my watch to view the time/stats. My fitbit isn't doing it that anymore. Not when I have my arm all the to my body and bring it horizontally to by body. or shake to my wrist to wake up. I didn't have to do all that before and now it doesn't wake up unless I tap it.  Do I need to replace it? 

Best Answer
0 Votes