Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not registering heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fit Blaze is not registering my heart rate, meaning that the reading is far from accurate. For example, I'll be working out and will check the watch and it's reading 98 or not even reading at all. Sometimes it will register correctly (I do a lot of circuit training, so I typically register around 180) and then it will start to drop as I'm working out. Ive tried wiping the sweat from my arm, wiping the back of the Fitbit  and even pushing it further up my wrist. Sometimes it gets back on track, but lately it just gives me  a false reading. I've had it less than a year, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I've had this same problem consistently pretty much since day one.  I've used various fitness trackers for years both wrist and strap and so I know what my average HR is during various training exercises but I also do random carotid artery checks during my workouts, even before this tracker. 95% of the time it's off any where from 20 to 70 BPM. Most times it could say 150 BPS one second and literally the next second say 95 BPS which is actually just impossible. Like you I've tried all of the above including changing wrists to fix and nothing. For every one day it works the 10 it doesn't. As much as it's interesting for sleep tracking and keeping time it makes it totally useless because my calories burned are then off anywhere from 200 to 400 or so. Waste of $150 plus now another $150+ to prob find a replacement!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to welcome you @Dancin130 and @Enlightened_Gem.

If you are having issues with your heart rate reading, I recommend taking a look at this post, there you will see some things that might be affecting this reading and some tips to improve it.

I hope this helps, catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have changed wrists wiped sweat changed location on wrist tightened and loosened the band watched the position of my wrists etc.  Basically followed all the instructions and advice to no avail. Big fat waste of money. This should not be marketed as a fitness/HR watch!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the information @Dancin130 and feedback. Since the tips provided in the link of my post didn't work, I recommend keeping an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

That certainly doesn't seem helpful! ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the information @Dancin130, I would like to know if you received an email with steps to follow? Is our support team working with you and this issue?

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes