Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not showing sleep stages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For months my Fitbit app has shown the new sleep pattern then two and half weeks ago it reverted to old pattern.  I have had 2 days when it briefly showed new pattern.  I've not changed anything (position of tracker etc). I have reinstalled app and restarted tracker but not helped.  Seems to coincide with latest update.  I have a Fitbit Blaze.  Anyone else had this?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

A warm welcome to the Community @Topsy147. I appreciate the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. 

I've moved your post to the Blaze board because it's more related to the topic. Thanks for letting me know that you haven't changed the way you wear your Blaze. 

There are a few scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

You can try restarting your Blaze and wear it at night to check if you get sleep stages. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine isn’t showing sleep stages and it’s not showing heart rate either, likely the main reason. I have a blaze and would like ACTUAL blaze instructions. The current blaze instructions categorize with two other unrelated models.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Robinreneedenny. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Thanks for the details mentioned.

If your Blaze isn't tracking heart rate information, this is why it's not showing you sleep stages. I would like you to follow these tips for your Fitbit Blaze not showing heart rate

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes