Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not syncing Run exercises

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 7/6/17

Yesterday, there was a fix released that resolved this issue. Now that I have confirmation that this was resolved, I'm going to close this thread. If this pops up again in the future, please create a new post to report the issue. 

Thanks everyone for your patience! It is always appreciated. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 6/29/17

Thanks everyone for your patience while this was being investigated. Our team was able to identify the problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when the fix will be released. Once the fix is released I will update this thread again. 

Fitbit Update: 6/14/17

Some Blaze users have reported that their run exercises initiated on the tracker are not syncing over to the Fitbit app or web dashboard. 

Our team is aware of this issue and currently investigating the root cause. Thanks to all who have reported this. I will post any updates on this thread when there is more information available.  

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
389 REPLIES 389

nop... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine neither. I have reported it and apparently they are having a deeper investigation. No sure if somethings wrong with the Blaze itself or the syncing process. It's useless to me at the moment as I mainly got it to go running. I can still use it on auto detect, however I cannot then see my current mileage  or time run. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As Fitbit have clearly made a change which renders the Blaze unfit for purpose for many users, can we return the device for a refund, even though I've owned the device for more than 12 months?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Adding my voice to the issue - I did a 5k yesterday and according to the app, I burned zero calories. No mileage, no bpm, no nothing. Really, really, really annoyed. If I can't track my progress, the Blaze has now become useless to me. 

My info, 1 year old fitbit Blaze, running Android on my Galaxy 7.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought it was just me; did a 13.5km run this morning, using GPS tracking on the phone/blaze. 

My partner was cycling behind, logging it on the fitbit app on her phone (and tracking steps via her charge 2).

Summary was there on the blaze at the end, but once synced it is only showing me doing 90 minutes running and having burnt zero calories. 

Way to go Fitbit, breaking functionality for users of your premium product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My suggestion as a fellow user is to call in - I did several times and posted here - it may be a case by case issue on your apps - and keep us all informed -

good luck with this. - Allen 

Best Answer
Thanks for the suggestion. I can't use my Fitbit to exercise with because nothing is working.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not working unless I take my phone with me to run and use GPS

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue is really frustrating, for me it's been going on for three weeks. Following a live chat I thought the issue had been resolved. I have emailed and not been responded to and can't seem to find a solution on these forums. I'm getting to the point of taking the blaze back to the shop, it isn't fit for purpose. The runs just won't synch over to the phone...my run tonight says I burned 0 calories!  HELP!

Best Answer

@Chgirl wrote:

Still not working unless I take my phone with me to run and use GPS

I had my phone with me; used that for tracking. And the blaze did show the correct distance. But when I synched it shows no details - 90 minutes "run", but burnt zero calories. 

Best Answer

I spoke to the people blind chat help and they resolved it for me, might be worth a try guys!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have gotten my phone and fitbit to communicate, but have not taken a bike ride today to see if the GPS actually works. I reset my bluetooth on my phone and it seemed to work. I will try to take a ride tomorrow in order to see if it is back to normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes absolutely useless . Nothing more than an ugly looking watch . Fitbit have no fix . They want us to all go away !

Best Answer

I messaged Fitbit on Facebook and this was the response I got 

"Thank you for answering our questions, Tonya. We've confirmed that this is an issue and our site team is working to correct it. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have things back to normal very soon. We're sorry for any inconvenience it's caused. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. Let us know if you have any other concerns."

Best Answer

I was on the phone for over an hour with 3 different people - NONE of them were helpful.  It is disgraceful to say the least that this has been a problem for WEEKS without a fit.  I am seriously considering taking a hammer to it an going back to my timex and garmin.  I will never purchase another fitbit, that is for sure.

Best Answer

Radio silence from Fitbit! I emailed, posted on their Facebook page and instant messaged them...asking for an answer to my unresolved case number and also asked how I get a refund as they're clearly struggling to fix this...no reply! Exercise tracking is the core of their business and the key functionality of the Blaze. The fact that the Blaze is not performing and that Fitbit have gone silent on the issue speaks volumes! Basically they don't know how to fix it so they're ignoring us and hoping we'll go away. I think a call to trading standards and some refunds are well over due. We didn't go out to buy these as watches! Disgraceful 😤

Best Answer
Thanks
I also emailed them and had s similar response
I've had another email asking if I still wanted help with the matter. To which I relied yes, the issue hadn't been resolved. Could I have an update with what they are doing to fix it. I'm still editing god s response Kind regards

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My Blaze suddenly won't sync at all: sleep, steps, nothing. Only bought it 2 weeks ago to replace and update my Charge HR. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My run synced perfectly last night, it was a 20 minute run, and only 2.5
miles to test it out. I haven't tried anything more long distance. This is
what tech support had me do. I also made sure it was fully charged. I hope
this continues to help, and hope it helps someone. Fingers crossed .

1. Press and hold the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right)
until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than
10 seconds.
2. Let go of the buttons.
3. If your tracker doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do
I turn off my tracker?

to
turn Blaze off and back on again.

-Haydee
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is what I received 6 days ago after emailing fitbit support....

"We appreciate you getting back to us and for providing the photos of your exercise data, this really helped us determine the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience that it caused you. Definitely, this is not the experience that we want you to have. Note that our engineers are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Again, we apologize and we're asking for your patience on this matter. Let us know if there's anything we may do to assist you in the meantime."

Best Answer
0 Votes