Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not syncing with Samsung Galaxy S 8

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit kept disconnecting from the Bluetooth on my Samsung galaxy 8. After trying uninstalling it and restarting both my fitbit and phone I finally got it to stay connected. However it no longer properly tracks my exercise and sleep properly. It has reverted back to the style I had with the fitbit charge hr. The exercise no longer shows cardio fat burn and peek percentages and it doesn't have the detailed sleep settingsettings where it tracks light, deep, and rem sleep. 

Can anyone suggest something that will fix this as the exercise one was really helping me to keep track of how I was getting on at gym and how much I needed to push myself. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Confusedandanno. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that your Blaze is not working as it should 😕

I'd like to help you out with this. Since you've already tried restarting both your tracker and your phone and it seemed to work for the syncing problem but it's now not tracking your exercise or sleep correctly, I would recommend setting up your tracker as a new device. 

For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

Try that out and let me know how it goes!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there @Confusedandanno. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that your Blaze is not working as it should 😕

I'd like to help you out with this. Since you've already tried restarting both your tracker and your phone and it seemed to work for the syncing problem but it's now not tracking your exercise or sleep correctly, I would recommend setting up your tracker as a new device. 

For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

Try that out and let me know how it goes!

Best Answer

Than you so much for your help resoling this problem. My fitbit is back to working order for both syncing with my phone and for tracking my activity properly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yayyy! That's really awesome to hear!

Thanks for getting back and letting me know @Confusedandanno! 😄

If you ever need anything else, I'm here to help!

Best Answer

Unable to sink my Blaze to my Samsung 8 since update in January tried turning phone on and off  resetting blaze to phone no luck so frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I assume your referring to the galaxy S8 

Try these steps

Restart tracker and phone

Remove the tracker from the phones Bluetooth. Never remove a non syncing tracker from the app or account. 

Clear the memory of unneeded apps. 

Clear the fitbit's app's cache. 

Best Answer