Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not syncing with Samsung S9

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received the Blaze at Christmas and just getting around to setting it up. I also just got the Samsung Galaxy S9. I understand this new version, can't sync with the Fitbit Blaze. Will it ever happen? I really would like to use it, especially the incoming calls and messages. Thanks

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24

I'm sure it will be added at some point.

Can you set it up on the computer until available?

You need to download some software

https://www.fitbit.com/start

Then Set it up

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1873

If you have trouble see this Article on Why cant I set up my Fitbit?
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1872/?q=not+setup&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
Are there any Fitbits that are compatible with the Galaxy S9 now or is the phone too new yet?

Thanks,
Laura
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to welcome you @Laurab0766 and @WendyB thanks for stopping by.

As mentioned, Samsung Galaxy S9 isn't a compatible device yet, our team is hard working and testing it for it to be compatible in a short time, your patience will be much appreciated. You can keep an eye in our list of compatible mobile devices for any update.

In the meantime, you can follow the instructions provided in the Having trouble syncing? post.

Let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

When will the blaze be able to pair with the S9? 

Best Answer

Hi Alejandra? How is it possible you that to stay in the android market without compatibility with Samsung S9? I have had three models of Fitbit so far, I need the Blaze software update or I will stop my experience with this brand!

Best Answer

The reply is No: either our phones are too new for their organisation's agility or Fitbit doesn't like Android.

Best Answer

My blaze initially paired with my S9, then suddenly stopped syncing. I made the mistake of unpairing. Then it wouldn't connect at all. With no luck, I tried all of fitbit's recommendations. Finally, tonight my husband unlocked Android developer options on my S9 (you can google how to do this- it is very easy.) Then, under settings/system menu, open developer options and scroll down to find bluetooth AVRCP version, and change it to another option. (We chose 1.5) then restart the phone. We turned bluetooth off on the phone, and went into the app, and let it request to turn bluetooth on. We were then able to successfully pair the Blaze to the S9.  I don't know if this is a long term solution, and haven't tested how any other bluetooth devices react to the change, but my blaze is connected to my phone for the first time in almost a week.  Yay!  I will post any other information that might come to light.  This might be something to consider since you are having the same issue.

Best Answer

My blaze initially paired with my S9, then suddenly stopped syncing. I made the mistake of unpairing. Then it wouldn't connect at all. With no luck, I tried all of fitbit's recommendations. Finally, tonight my husband unlocked Android developer options on my S9 (you can google how to do this- it is very easy.) Then, under settings/system menu, open developer options and scroll down to find bluetooth AVRCP version, and change it to another option. (We chose 1.5) then restart the phone. We turned bluetooth off on the phone, and went into the app, and let it request to turn bluetooth on. We were then able to successfully pair the Blaze to the S9.  I don't know if this is a long term solution, and haven't tested how any other bluetooth devices react to the change, but my blaze is connected to my phone for the first time in almost a week.  Yay!  I will post any other information that might come to light.  This might be something to consider since you are having the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the information. I will try it. Hopefully it is a fix and not temporary.

Thanks,
Laura
Best Answer
0 Votes

Everything seems to be great so far. No issues with connectivity on other bluetooth devices. It is syncing regularly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great. I really appreciate the comments. Can’t wait to try it.

Thanks,
Laura
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there an estimated time that the galaxy s9 plus will work with the fitbit blaze? I really like having a watch and now I don't because it doesn't work. If Fitbit doesn't have a solution by August I am going to purchase a different smartwatch and turn my back on the brand altogether. I will then let the tech community know about this experience and steer all my friends and family to a more responsible company.

Best Answer

Almost to the beginning of August now and still no reply on this. I am thinking I am just going to buy a Samsung smartwatch because I know that will work. Then give my fitbit blaze to my 3 year old as a new toy. It's not heavy enough to be a paperweight. 

Best Answer
*Finally got mine to work. So far its all good. Who knows if it will stay
but I hope so. *
Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze initially paired with my S9, then suddenly stopped syncing. I made the mistake of unpairing.

Here is what I was told to do by another person on this post and it worked...

Then it wouldn't connect at all. With no luck, I tried all of fitbit's recommendations. Finally, tonight my husband unlocked Android developer options on my S9 (you can google how to do this- it is very easy.) Then, under settings/system menu, open developer options and scroll down to find bluetooth AVRCP version, and change it to another option. (We chose 1.5) then restart the phone. We turned bluetooth off on the phone, and went into the app, and let it request to turn bluetooth on. We were then able to successfully pair the Blaze to the S9.  I don't know if this is a long term solution, and haven't tested how any other bluetooth devices react to the change, but my blaze is connected to my phone for the first time in almost a week.  Yay!  I will post any other information that might come to light.  This might be something to consider since you are having the same issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is what I was told to do by another person on this post and it worked...

Then it wouldn't connect at all. With no luck, I tried all of fitbit's recommendations. Finally, tonight my husband unlocked Android developer options on my S9 (you can google how to do this- it is very easy.) Then, under settings/system menu, open developer options and scroll down to find bluetooth AVRCP version, and change it to another option. (We chose 1.5) then restart the phone. We turned bluetooth off on the phone, and went into the app, and let it request to turn bluetooth on. We were then able to successfully pair the Blaze to the S9.  I don't know if this is a long term solution, and haven't tested how any other bluetooth devices react to the change, but my blaze is connected to my phone for the first time in almost a week.  Yay!  I will post any other information that might come to light.  This might be something to consider since you are having the same issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I finally found a solution to this problem. I bought a Samsung gear 3. Problem solved. Goodbye fitbit hope you don't drop the ball again for your customers and lose more market share.

Sincerely,

Disappointed. 

Best Answer

Any news on when the Blaze will communicate with my Samsung S9 phone. This is really annoying 

Best Answer

This worked for me: 

1) go to settings 

2) select bluetooth classic and make sure it says on

3) if it's on and stir does not show under bluetooth after you scan, then select bluetooth classic until it says pair.

4) the watch gives a code and asks permission to pair, select yes.

5) if setting up for the first time, go to fitbit app, select the blaze icon

6) go to notifications and enable.

7) follow prompts to enable 

It should work for you...good luck!

@tomraven wrote:

Any news on when the Blaze will communicate with my Samsung S9 phone. This is really annoying 

Best Answer
0 Votes