Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not tracking heart rate or sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am also not getting notifications. Bluetooth on, no green light, have gone through the process of setting it up as a new device, resetting devices, re-pairing devices, and it only tracks my steps and floors of stairs.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

I just noticed that my sleep hasn't been logged for a couple days. and just now realised that the green lights for heart aren't on, even when setting it to on (usually on auto)

will try a factory reset when I get home, what troubleshooting have you done?

just saw that you have done all the troubleshooting already, so I'm not confident it will make any difference for me either 

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues. No heart rate monitoring, no sleep log and my steps are not being uploaded to a group challenge l am in.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've been in contact with customer support:

You could remove your device from the app and add it back like a new device.

Adjust placement on the wrist.

Go into the app and turn off the heart rate settings, sync your device,
then turn it back on and wait 60 seconds, and this step took some time
because suddenly it didn't want to sync, either.

I did everything they asked of me, and when nothing worked, they wanted to
know the warranty status (mine is not under warranty). I asked if there was
a sensor I could buy and replace it myself, and the response I got was that
my case was being closed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve noticed the same. But it has been since I did the most recent app update on my iPhone. Not sure if that is what caused the issue or just a coincidence. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Great to see you all in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having different problems with your Blaze trackers. Thanks a lot for everything that you've tried so far to get them to work correctly. I'd like to help you out!

Just to let you know, sleep relies on your heart rate to determine your Sleep Stages which means that if your heart rate is not working, most likely, you will also have problems seeing your sleep. 

@SunsetRunner, I'm sorry about this. Unfortunately, pieces replacements are not sold, so if your tracker is no longer working, there would be no way to repair it. If you need anything else, I'm always around!

@aCarlos not all problems are caused by the same reasons, so I would recommend following those tips to see how it works on your tracker. If you notice that there's no improvement, feel free to let me know and I'll be happy to take a deeper look.

@Kkoller @louvee, I'm sorry to hear you're also having problems with this. Please, try the following to see if there's any difference:

-If your heart rate monitor is not responding, try to restart your tracker. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot.

-Go to the last screen on your Blaze and access the settings. In the Heart Rate section, turn it off and then, back on or set it to Auto for it to work only when you have it on your wrist.

-Set up your tracker as a new device. For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

Hope this helps and if you need further assistance, let me know. I'll be happy to help you out!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had same issue since last weekend, went through trouble shooting with representative. After few tries, i was told that product not working. Out of warranty so no replacement and I will need to get new device and I could get some discount on another fitbit device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your help, Ferdinand.

In my case, since yesterday that my sleep doesn't log, but the heart rate logs just fine. I have already restarted my tracker and set my tracker as a new device. Nothing changed. It's the same. What should I do now?

Best Answer
0 Votes