Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not transfering steps, floors, miles, minutes, heart rate to app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just picked up my blaze after a ~6 month hiatus.  The unit seems to work on my wrist, both LEDS green, displays heart rate etc.  But when I sync to desktop app (Windows). no steps, floors, miles minutes or heart rates.  The bar chart of cadio-fatburn-peak does display.  Calories burned displays.  Days of exercise displays.   Nothing else really.  I have reset the unit multiple times (hold left button/bottom button to see logo)  Deleted app/reinstalled.  Cursed fitbit/google and considering doll with pins.  Please advise.  If this is result of discontinued support, then please state that clearly somewhere!  Thanks for reading.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Spideysense  I had a Blaze and Windows 8.1 and ultimately I couldn't sync with my computer. Do you have a compatible smartphone you could use to sync? Support is still there and the Blaze was discontinued a few years back. The highlighted line at the top of the forum? It's to let people know what's going on. "This forum is available for customer-to-customer support, but isn’t actively monitored by Fitbit Moderators." Just because there are no moderators looking at the posts, doesn't mean you're alone. When you see calories burned, but no steps, your Blaze is not paired. See if you can get it paired with a smartphone.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Thanks.

This all worked fine about 6 months ago.

I don't use a smart phone.

Guess I will be shopping for a different brand soon!

Best Answer

There is a message, on page one when setting up a device.  It says:

"We've discontinued software updates for this device. 

Certain features may not work as expected."

So, can anyone say for sure?  Is this the problem?  Have blaze owners been shut out?  My blaze functions, it shows heart rate on my wrist, it syncs a few data points, including the heart rate bar chart. 

Doll with pins on the way

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, just discovered something else interesting.  The heart rate and calorie graphs are visible in my dashboard online!

But not on the desktop.

Whatever.

Best Answer

@Spideysense  this is from Fitbit's information on legacy products (retired ones, including the Blaze)

"Our devices typically receive software updates for at least two years after the device is last sold on Fitbit.com, but over time it will not run as smoothly as our newer devices. Eventually we must discontinue software updates, support and ability for our devices to pair with the Fitbit app.

Our Customer Support team is always happy to help you with any questions or issues, including our legacy device policies and practices. However, once a device is no longer receiving software updates, our team may no longer be able to provide in-depth support or troubleshooting for your device."

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer