Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze only comes on in the charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I haven’t Used my believes in a while and it’s been in a drawer. I decided to get a charge to as those seem to be better for what I need and was going to give my believes to a friend. I put it in the charger and it charges 100% and it shows me it is working but when I take it out and put it in the band the buttons won’t turn on the face. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@Nikifm_76  Try a restart.  Click to read how

The Blaze doesn't show anything when you tap it or move your wrist?

Let us know what happens.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Thanks for the message! I have tried to restart it in the charger, which does work. But as soon as I remove it from the charger it just goes off. Black screen, buttons do not work, and the green lights are not on. I even tried to restart it while it is off and it doesn't do anything.

It never did this before! So random! I worked great and then I decided it was too big and put it in my drawer. So it hasn't been used in months. I want to give it to my friend as I got myself the charge 2 which I love.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nikifm_76  you can't restart the Blaze while it's in the charger. It needs to be in the band in order to press the buttons for the restart procedure.

Any chance it's still in warranty?

Best Answer

I set it in the charger, hit the 2 buttons, it went from the face, to the battery to the dots and back to the face. If I put it in the band, nothing works. Just like it is dead. But it has a full battery. 

The buttons do not work, there are no green lights, and I can not restart it since it is powered off I assume. Sorry, I am not sure if that makes any sense. I did take a video of what it does. LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nikifm_76  I have a Blaze and when it's in the charger, the buttons can't be reached. Do you have an original Fitbit charger for the Blaze?

From your description, it sounds like it restarts. On the wrist, it should light up when you move your wrist or tap the band.

You can always get with support - click to go there - and see if they can offer any suggestions. A video of what it's doing or not doing, is a great idea.

Best Answer

I don't put the lid all the way down, I just set it in there and pressed down till it connected, then when it turns on I do the restart. It is the one that came with it. Like I said it is only powered on in the charger. 

As soon as I take it out, it has no power at all so I can't do anything to it. It does nothing on the wrist or in the band. I have talked with FitBit on Twitter so hoping they can help! Thanks you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Nikifm_76, great to see you in the Forums and thanks a lot for jumping in @Odyssey13! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that your Blaze doesn't respond when outside of the charger and thanks for all you've tried to get it to work.

@Odyssey13, you can actually restart a Blaze while it's in the charger as @Nikifm_76 mentions if you don't turn the lid all the way and you hold the tracker to make sure it makes contact with the charger and press the left and lower right  buttons, you just need to be very precise when pressing the buttons as the buttons on the frame make it easier to operate the tracker but when the module is not in the frame, buttons can still be pressed if done carefully.

I've just checked that our team is aware of this @Nikifm_76, so they should be getting back with you soon. Anything else you may need, please let us know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Thank you both!!!!! I think they created me a case number so hope to get it working soon.

I tried everything possible before hoping on here and emailing them on Twitter. 

Great service and they got back to me fast! 

Best Answer