Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze paired three months before it was purchased

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I contacted CS by chat to get a warranty replacement for my Blaze Band.  It's separating from the plastic that secures it to the frame.  

Anyhow, the agent looked up the blaze by my email address, and stated that it was out of warranty because it was originally paired in September of 2017.  However, my wife purchased it for me as a Christmas present at Academy Sports on 12/20/2017.  Fortunately, I was able to provide a copy of the receipt, and a replacement band is on it's way.

My concern is that we paid full retail "new" price for a refurbished Fitbit.  Does Fitbit ever sell refurbished units as new?  Mine certainly had no signs of being used... the packaging was sealed etc.  If I had purchased this from Amazon or something like that, I wouldn't question this as much.  

Any thoughts on this?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @PHRoberts

Welcome to the forums.

Just a thought, but it is possible that Academy Sports sold you an item which had previously been returned to them. It happens a lot in retail stores, where the item returned isn't marked as having a problem and it's simply resold.

Glad you're getting a replacement band.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I really don't think so.  I would have noticed if the package wasn't sealed.

Best Answer

Hey @PHRoberts, welcome to the Forums! @Odyssey13 it's great to see you around.

Thanks for sharing this with us. About your refurbished inquiry, all trackers and watches sold by the Fitbit Store are brand new, but as this was purchased by a retailer it's always best to check with them directly. Thanks for reporting this!

I hope your replacement gets you back on track and thanks for being a Fitbit customer. Smiley Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I've had three pebbles in one year. From charging issues, to one being dead on arrival. I do think some of them "slip into retail" and in some cases just defects.Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Leagally Fitbit will need to stamp a returned ororefurbished unit as being refurbished.

Legally the store also will need to sell this as a repacked unit, however it is family easy for the store to reseal a package.

Best Answer