Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze 'phone not found' when selecting 'bike' exercise

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've seen a number of pages with a number of different suggestions to fix this but still I can't get it to work.

Bluetooth works fine for syncing but not when I want to log a bike ride.

I've turned phone off & on, reset blaze, checked & played about with location settings on my phone but no difference.

Is this a known issue as I've seen other people having the same problems?

Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24

Okay, @Rich_Laue, even though everything was off or disabled, just to make sure I went and disabled notifications ALTOGETHER, not just individual notifications.  Amd it made absolutely no difference,  My phone connected for a connected GPS run.

I repeat: you do NOT need notifications on.  You DO need to turn them on initially in order to "pair" your phone, as I said earlier, but once your phone is paired notifications are entirely irrelevant for any activity,

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK i concede @Julia_G,

I've read to many posts sayimg that as soon as they enabled this service the GPS worked.

I disabled it, started both the Blaze and Charge2 for Gps walk. Both after a while came back with an error.

Waited a minute and enabled notifacation services,  immediately the Blaze said lets go, and a few seconds later the Charge 2 was happy.

While the trackers where connected, the app would not let me disable this service 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue, just to be clear, here is my phone with notifications disabled:

IMG_0584.JPG

Here is my Blaze

IMG_0586.JPG

What you need for connected GPS

1. You need to have a compatible phone

2. Your phone needs to have been paired, sometime, ever.  That means you need to have turned on notifications at least once.  After that, they can be off, forever. 

3.  You need to have internet (cellular or wifi) to make the initial connection.  After that you do not need internet.

4. You need to be patient.  Sometimes I get the check app message half a dozen times before I get "Let's go"

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have no problems with connecting the gps when cellular internet is disabled, I've tried and just tried again. Having no wifi in the house, i never have wifi on

I notice that your notification services currently are turned on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My notifications are not turned on. 

You can reconnect a recently connected GPS activity without wifi or internet if connection is lost.  It is not possible to initiate a connected GPS activity without internet.  @EmersonFitbit has confirmed this and I have tested it numerous times over several years.

Best Answer
0 Votes