Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze recording three times the floors I am actually doing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My blaze started recording more floors than I am doing starting 4/23/18. I had 76 recorded yesterday and I would estimate 40-55 based on activities and history. This morning I have done about 3 floors (it is early in Alaska), and it is showing 17 floors. What is up? I want this to be accurate - not falsely ego inflating. I average 40-55 daily just as a matter of living in the mountains where everything is up or down and not much level.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-does-my-tracker-count-floors/?q=count+floors&...

Floors are counted using an altimeter. An altimeter is a sensor that calculates altitude based on atmospheric pressure and atmospheric pressure decreases with increasing elevation, so the it calculates elevation gain based on the reduction in atmospheric pressure. Your trackers register a floor when they detect continuous motion combined with an elevation gain of about 10 feet. Given the fact that 10 feet is an average between residential and commercial floor heights, although commercial floors in particular tend to be higher than residential floors.

It will add floors when it is windy or cold.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-does-my-tracker-count-floors/?q=count+floors&...

Floors are counted using an altimeter. An altimeter is a sensor that calculates altitude based on atmospheric pressure and atmospheric pressure decreases with increasing elevation, so the it calculates elevation gain based on the reduction in atmospheric pressure. Your trackers register a floor when they detect continuous motion combined with an elevation gain of about 10 feet. Given the fact that 10 feet is an average between residential and commercial floor heights, although commercial floors in particular tend to be higher than residential floors.

It will add floors when it is windy or cold.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

We are having a high wind event with steady 35 mph and gusts to 85 mph through this evening. It started yesterday afternoon. I suspect it is causing wild pressure fluctuations and adding false read flights of stairs. I will see if it returns to normal tomorrow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wind has subsided from gust to 95 mph yesterday and around 65 Monday and floor counting has returned to normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes