Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze resting heart rate is 5 bpm above any other device. Why has it not been fixed yet?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've compared the blaze to my older Basis Peak and other sports heart rate monitors. The Blaze is always about 5 bpm higher than every other device. For example, right now my heart rate is at 67 bpm just siiting here typing. When I am dozing off to sleep, I see it drop to the mid to low 50's. This device is currently showing today;s resting heart rate at 71 bpm...this is not even CLOSE to accurate. A combination of my sleeping and sitting heart rate would land around 60. Perhaps the 'calculation' of the resting heart rate needs to be rethought? What's the point of having this device if it's not accurate? Also, get up to speed with sleep tracking...the Basis Peak was fantastic with breaking it down into even REM, Normal  and Deep Sleep. The Blaze software is lagging behind for the money we pay for these devices and accessories.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I have an Apple Watch and compared to the Blaze it's about the same (+ or - 1).

So mine seems ok. Is it the same HR rate on both wrists? Have you reset the Blaze? latest firmware installed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Derek1969 You are correct, it is not accurate because Fitbit has its own definition of resting heart rate (RHR). This has been reported many times on the forums, and by reviewers for example here is one: "For each day, Fitbit also specifies a resting HR value (RHR).  This value is virtually always wrong, as it overestimates your resting HR."

Whats crazy to me is that I can grab a cup of coffee, sit quietly for 10 minutes, and then drink it and my HR goes up and Fitbit includes that data in RHR. Or I can be sitting in a stressful 2 hour meeting at work, with a high HR, and Fitbit includes that data in RHR.

Fitbit should call it "inactive heart rate" or some other new term to avoid confusion.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes