Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze's Heart Rate Stuck on 70 bpm

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Good morning,

For the last week my heart rate on the blaze constantly reads 70. I have tried re-synching, restarting the blaze several times in a row, deleted it off my account and re-added it. Is there anything else I can try to get it fixed? 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi there @askipper09. Great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that your tracker is stuck at 70 bpm, that's pretty strange 😕

Since you've tried re syncing, restarting and removing it from your account and re adding it, I would probably suggest turning it off from the settings and setting it to Auto after that and see if that makes any difference.

For that, please swipe to the last screen on your Blaze which is for the settings and then, go to Heart Rate and here, turn it off and then, switch it to Auto. See if that helps and let me know how it goes! If you need more help, I'm always around!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze is stuck on 70 as well. I’ve rebooted it, reset it, turned it off,  pressed 2 bottons, 3 buttons and it still shows 70 when it’s not even on my body.   If I put in auto, I get no reading.  I hope I can get this fixed or I may switch to an iWatch series 3.  🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue! It's been like that since the last update. Have you been able to fix the problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see that there are quite a few others from other posts as well that are having the same exact issue. When I called to speak with someone, we went thru the script of resetting and syncing but still the same issue. The representative asked about purchase date which was Christmas 2017, then offered me a 25% discount on another fitbit. This clearly is a "fitbit" issue with so many others experiencing the same problem. Why would I buy another fitbit if this one fails to work after 15 months?  Frustrating ........

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine was a defect in the device. I called Fitbit and they sent me a new one
for free.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wish I got the same person you spoke to .    My rep offered a discount even after I said that this definitely seems like a "Fitbit" issue.   Why would I buy another if they won't admit that something is wrong with this one.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @shellyLenczowsi and @askipper09, welcome on board. It's nice to hear from you @Mack23.

I'm sorry for the delayed response and thanks for sharing detailed information about your Blaze behavior.

@shellyLenczowsi, if you've not done so yet, I'd suggest to restart your device, as well to try the switching the heart rate settings with the steps posted above by @FerdinandFitbit.

@askipper09, I'm glad to hear that you received a new Blaze, and I'm sure you'll crush your steps with this one.

@Mack23, I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this situation. I appreciate your feedback about our customer services and devices. I see your point of view and our team will make sure to work on our products so they can be improved.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having same issue just since May 1 when it stopped tracking my hr.  Just this week I googled for a fix and found that my setting in the blaze was set to off for HR, since I turned it on I have a steady 70 which is not accurate.  

This may be the final nudge for me to get an Apple Watch.   I would miss the Fitbit challenges with Fitbit buddies though.  

Best Answer

I get the same exact results , along with many others but 'Fitbit'  still doesn't seem to think it's a fitbit issue......

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Ksmainer. Welcome on board. @Mack23, it's nice to see you around.

I appreciate your feedback and I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your Fitbit Blaze devices. Fitbit constantly works on our devices based on the Community posts, to improve your experience with them. I see where are you coming from, and we'll make sure to not take your comments for granted.

@Ksmainer, there are some factors that may affect your heart rate accuracy, such as temperature, stress level, physical body position, location of wear, and type of movement. That being said, make sure your device is a finger’s width above your wrist bone when not exercising, and wear it higher during exercise. Make sure it's snug on your wrist, meaning not too tight or loose.

Also, I'd suggest to try turning off and on the heart rate settings, as well restarting your Blaze.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit blaze was not tracking my heart rate, I contacted support and went through multiple steps, only after changing the clock face it started reading 70 so I thanked the customer support and moved on. Now I realise that it has been stuck on 70 no matter what I do, even taking the watch off. The green lights are also nowhere to be seen. When i look at the daily stats page on my watch it shows - - as my heart rate but the main clock face still shows 70 which is clearly a bug with the watch. looking at the other posts on fitbit community page and comments on this thread my issue seems to be identical to everybody else's making me think this is a fitbit issue and not "how we wear the watch, or where we place it on our wrists" everybody is having 70 as a reading, that is obviously a device issue. It is not getting stuck at a random heart rate it is displaying 70 for everyone. what steps should i follow next?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same Isssue. Have you had any luck solving this? or has anyone in Fitbit helped you out?

Thanks

Jim

Best Answer
0 Votes