Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze says I burned over 3000 cals

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So this morning after only being awake for just over an hour my Blaze says I burnt over 3000 calories.

How do I fix this?

Or will I be at 4% body fat by the end of the day? 🤣😂🤣😂

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

The calories burned are BMR calories. Your fitbit also calculates calories burned for your BMR. You burn calories just by being alive! Even Sleeping. Fitbit includes these burned calories in it's calorie calculations, so even if you did not wear the fitbit, you'll still burn these calories.

Read this http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-does-Fitbit-know-how-many-calories-I-ve-burne...

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I know how BMR works.

Did you not read my post properly?

It is not possible I burnt 3000 calories in my sleep unless I sleep walked a very long way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Strongersteve and @WendyB thanks for stopping by.

I would like to know if you logged any activity that might gave you that amount of calories? If you didn't log any activity, could you please provide me with a screenshot of the day you received this information? 

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

sorry for the delay in responding. I don't have a screenshot logged for that day and at that time had not logged any activity.

And here we go again today.

It is 7am and I went for a short walk just over 2000 steps 2.09km and my fitbit says I burnt 1964 calories and I have only been awake 2 hours.

Surely this cannot be roight

Best Answer
0 Votes