Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze showing 8,000+ steps when I woke up, no activity listed.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Like the title reads, I had somewhere over 8K steps when I woke this morning. Even if I were moving my arm, hand all night and racked up that many, my activities don't show anything close to that. This is the first time this has happened to me. I've reset, re-synced, checked settings, clock and time zone are correct.

The only thing weird that happened was that My Fitness Pal (linked with my Fitbit) had somehow changed and started counting my workouts towards my macros, which I didn't want, so I changed it back yesterday. Other than that, same as usual. 

Every once in a while I get the red/white static blinking screen and I reset and has worked fine. Any suggestions as to what happened?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the forums!

By any chance was a fan going on in the room? As it can add false steps.

If you want to remove them enter a driving record

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Can-I-delete-data

Check out the discussions boards! A lot going on and I'm sure you have some contributions as well!
Hope to see you around!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, we always have a fan going at night. However, it's been the same setup for over a year with no issues like this at all. My fiance has a Fitbit as well and no issues. I track my food and steps religiously and have for a long time, so I keep a close eye on all my stats pretty much every day. 

I don't think I can enter a driving record because on my dashboard it doesn't actually show the activity that would have given me all those steps. Below is my activity dashboard from this morning. Steps count should have been around 1500-2000 at this point on an average day for me.

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 9.27.31 AM.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did the tracker reset yesterday's steps at midnight?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure how to tell really, but if it didn't that would make sense. I had over 7K steps yesterday added to my usual average seems to add up. It's working fine today though so we'll see.

Best Answer
0 Votes