Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze showing hot temperature icon

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Woke up and it was frozen on the hot temperature screen. I tried the hard reset but it's still frozen. It's 70 degrees in my house! Please help!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20

That's actually a "lost connection with battery level report" screen Spaw.

Check bluetooth on your mobile and make sure your tracker is still connected.

If it is, go to the fitbit App home screen, touch and pull down to force a sync.

Does the battery level show up in the upper corner?

If not, try rebooting your phone and your Blaze after charging at least 15 minutes.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Spawman and @wmchapman thanks for stopping by.

I appreciate the efforts in trying to fix this temperature issue and I am glad to see here that the instructions provided by our friend worked, or are you still experiencing issues with your Blaze?

Hope to hear from you soon. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Uh actually your buggy system would NOT let me uncheck the "accept as solution" when I replied to him.

My fit bit is STILL frozen on the hot temperature screen and I am very disappointed that there has been no solution to this issue. 

Maybe you should read the actual reply next time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still frozen... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, super helpful.  But I am guessing you have never seen the bright orange screen with the triangle surrounding the thermometer, which I'm pretty sure has nothing to do with Bluetooth.  I just saw it today for the first time and even not being a computer genius, like the many helpful people here, knew it was temperature related.  The hot little FItBit in my palm told me that.  Oddly, I saw a red dot for the first time today too, in the upper left corner of the screen.  Red for Bluetooth, probably, so I let it cool off for a couple hours and put it in the charger.  It appears to be half charged now.  I charge it only when I am in the shower, so about 10-15 minutes about 5-6 days a week.  Been having sync issues and GPS issues for a bout a month.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The only thing on my screen is a large orange triangle with a thermometer. It's been sitting in my house for 4 days now and the battery has still not died.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So, I got 20 minutes into the charge when the temperature icon returned.  The battery drained within minutes after that.  The battery was drained all day today, off the charger, and I just put it in the charger a while ago and it appears to be charging.  The interesting thing is yesterday afternoon, I used the exercise function to map a walk and lost GPS in the first 10 minutes, I just switched over to the FItBit app on my phone to track the walk and the Blaze vibrated about every 5 minutes so I cancelled the walk on it.  It was a warm sunny day, so maybe the combination of all the vibrating, repeat attempts to connect to the phone for GPS, the sun and the ambient heat heated the battery up.  All speculation on my part, but I have had my phone heat up sitting in the sun, so, who knows.  The really concerning thing to me here is that lithium ion batteries have been known to heat up and explode.  I would think that this should concern the developers at FitBit, if we are seeing what appear to be heat warnings.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @Spawman and welcome to the Community @rlombardo.

Since the instructions you have tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your cases to our Support Team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Let me know if you need anything else. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Having same issue here

Will not 2 button reboot 

What steps are next?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit blaze has the temp icon as well. I was charging it and it turned to this icon. Does anybody have a solution please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. I did end up finding a solution. I bought the Samsung Gear S3 frontier. Trust me, it's worth it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get a reply? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just some nonsense from a guy who copy and pasted from the same article I already read. I gave up and got the Samsung Watch. It was so worth it

Best Answer
0 Votes
No I did not

Sent from Woo’s iPhone 8 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has had the temp icon for 6 months

I have replaced it with the Ionic which is great!

But can someone explain how it can sit in my junk drawer for 6 months without being charged and still have enough power to show the high temp icon?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, I won’t buy another Fitbit device, they are not durable

Sent from Woo’s iPhone 8 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze is showing same icom. The green sensors doesnt work anymore. And previously the  battery didnt retain energy as before. I think It is gone after one year of use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Message them

They'll give you a good deal on a new one

Mine is still showing it

Been in a drawer for months

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess it's worth trying to install air conditioner to decrease the temperature of the air

Best Answer
0 Votes