Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze sleep tracking is more aggressive/pessimistic after update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the latest update (version 17.8.401.3) where the sleep stages feature was introduced for Fitbit Blaze, I feel that the sleep tracking seems to be far more pessimistic than before. What I mean is, it seems to tell me that I sleep for lesser amount of time than I used to, before the update. For example, before the update when I was in bed for 8 hours, the sleep record seemed to say that I got between 7hr30min to 7hr45min of sleep. After the update, when I am in bed for a similar 8 hours, it now says that I got only around 7 hours or at most 7hr15min of sleep, across several measurements. Today, I went to bed and then woke up 8 whole hours later. But the app said I slept for only 6 hours 58 minutes! Outrageous, especially given that I feel very refreshed and not even the least bit tired in the morning.

Is anyone else experiencing this sort of issue wherein the Fitbit Blaze claims you are sleeping less often and are more awake in the night?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I've noticed mine says I'm sleeping less but I haven't thought about it because I actually have been tired since the update.

My guess is the sleep tracking update is more particular about entering and exiting sleep. Or it needs to learn more about your heartrate and movement patterns when you sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes