Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze stopped holding charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi i have had my Blaze for 3 years, a few days ago it started draining after a day. Now it won't last a whole day, i have checked this forum and found an answer from Fitbit about draining battery. The solution was laughable, it was to switch off the following - bluetooth, quick view, all day sync & heart rate monitor!!! now i'm left with a fitness tracker that just tells the time !!! Great advice from customer support. 

Could this be software related or has my fitbit finished, in which case i'll not be getting another fitbit product.

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

I'm having same issue, and mine is only 2 years old. Waiting to see what they reply to you! 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. My Blaze won't hold a charge for more than three hours max. I've been haggling with Fitbit since August last year, and I've gotten nowhere.

Best Answer

I've had my Blaze for about three, going on four, years now, and all of a sudden, last August, it stopped holding a charge. I gave it a little bit of time, thinking it was nothing big. A couple of months later, it still wouldn't hold a charge, and I noticed that the Heartrate monitor was also not turning on. I don't know if that's related to the battery issue or not. I have found a replacement battery, but I'm waiting to see what happens with Fitbit before getting the replacement myself. Does anyone know about the heart rate monitor? Just asking on the off chance that someone will.

Best Answer

HI, i don't think Fitbit are at all interested in any customer support, even when they do offer anything it is next to useless. 

Best Answer

Mine started doing the same thing! Saying it has no battery, put it on the charger and it says 50% or more! I’m getting irritated! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly, I am joining this "club" of Fitbit Blaze not holding a charge. I fully charged mine yesterday (which results in no tracking occurring while it is being charged! 😡). I walked the dog this a.m. and just did an hour of sweaty cardio and checked it and the red bar is flashing that it is dying. I love my Fitbit and hope we can figure out why this is happening and how to prevent future crashes!

Best Answer

Blaze won’t hold charge. Works on charge in docking station 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has done exactly the the same, not even gradually getting worse. 

Went from holding charge for 3 days to less than 24hours. 

Really frustrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Blaze is now flashing red for battery about 20mins after a full charge,  while the app on phone says it has 80% left. With all these battery problems suddenly happening maybe Fitbit switching off battery power through their app in the hope of selling a new one ! 

Best Answer

It certainly seems that way, my wifes fitbit charge 3 suddenly went haywire and the screen failed. They sent a new one within 5 days. 

Unfortunately these are a bit older

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. This week the battery went from lasting one week to last 4 hours overnight. Have to say that the same thing happened with my previous Fitbit and I ended up buying this one last year. I do love Fitbit too but I am starting to get suspicious if this is a trick to drive sales.

Best Answer

Exactly the same here, blaze 2 years old just been fine until today and had to charge 3 times lasting no more than 2 hours between charges

Best Answer

Too much of a coincidence?

Best Answer

Hi everyone. It's great to see you here in the forums and I'm sorry for the delayed response.

@SunsetRunner, @california_girl@Lilshaner@Philmorris2412 and @Tinescob, thanks for sharing that your Blaze batteries aren't holding charge, as well for the time taken to work on this prior posting. I see where you're coming from about this situation and while sharing your details to our Support team I was informed that you already have a case created with them. Please keep an open communication with them so you can receive further assistance.

@Sabel2010@Sooz@Stevenchezza10 and @Lee_C1, thanks for joining this thread and sharing that you're having similar issues with your trackers. As you may know the battery life will depend on how frequent its features are used. It doesn't mean that you shouldn't use them, but as with any other electronic device the features will impact its battery. That being said, I'd recommend to try the following steps:

1. Clean the gold contacts on your Blaze and charging cable to ensure there isn't dust and debris accumulated over time.
  2. Restart your Blaze to refresh it's performance.
  3. Review our help article for tips to maximize the battery's life.
  4. Charge it for about 2 hours and monitor it's behavior on the next hours.
Best Answer

Thanks for your response, however it doesn’t clarify the abrupt change in performance of  the battery. I reviewed the recommendations to extend the life of the battery and I have been following several of them already.. how do you you explain that in a day the battery went from lasting 5 days to 4 hours? It is actually impossible to track the sleep time anymore, one of the reasons I chose Fitbit over other options. Thanks for your clarifocarion.

Best Answer

Tried this on Tuesday, no difference at all. 

Please can you explain how this watch went from performing excellently to not lasting longer than 24 hours?.

When was the software for these watches last updated?

Best Answer

I have already done the above, as I found the information on another website, and it hasn’t  helped.

In any case, I’ve never used many features on it, barely have it connected to Bluetooth, and have always cleaned and looked after it, and it used to hold a change for 5-7 days.

My Blaze was purchased in 2016!

For the past 2-3 weeks, my Blaze has suddenly started losing its charge after about 3 days. Other times, it was on red, but when plugging it in to charge, it was more than half fully charged!

Now this week, I can charge the battery fully, set off to work, and it’s completely flat within the hour!

What on earth is going on?

If it was just me, I’d assume it was old, but so many people are reporting the same thing in this forum, and many others. Can we have some sort of explanation?

Best Answer

It seems to be a software problem, a lot of people suddenly noticing battery issues at same time. Very suspicious. Mine is gradually getting worse each day, maybe last 20 mins before it flashes red but on app its full.

Best Answer

I've had enough, so I've  bought a samsung active. Hopefully I'll have more luck with this

Best Answer