Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze stopped holding charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi i have had my Blaze for 3 years, a few days ago it started draining after a day. Now it won't last a whole day, i have checked this forum and found an answer from Fitbit about draining battery. The solution was laughable, it was to switch off the following - bluetooth, quick view, all day sync & heart rate monitor!!! now i'm left with a fitness tracker that just tells the time !!! Great advice from customer support. 

Could this be software related or has my fitbit finished, in which case i'll not be getting another fitbit product.

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

Were you asking me where I got the battery? If so I can take a look at the username on eBay.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lizzy, Your suggestions didn't work for me, the Blaze wouldn't reset via middle and lower buttons, the green light is on permanently until battery is flat, battery lasts 6 hrs, and watch ir 27 months old! I have cut my losses and bought a Garmin Vivoacive 3, £40 cheaper than the Ionic GPS equivalent and this was after your 25% off offer!

The Garmin is a dream, lighter, more snug, GPS expectional, loads of face designs, notifications work perfect, battery is lasting well, and if it performs like my old Garmin that is 8yrs old and as new I'm going to have a great experience.

Very disappointed with Fitbit's response and lack of care & interest, but the old Blaze was ok whilst it lasted and before I saw the light.

best wishes Steve

Best Answer

Fitbit's customer support is to generate sales offering 25% off rather than fix the issue, they have no interest in any form of support. Garmin is the way to go.

Best Answer
Thanks for the info.

PM
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried all of these things. This is not the first time I had an issue. This time the battery acts like it is charging and then when I wear it, the battery drains withing an hour. This is crazy. I've spent more time today cleaning and charge the thing than I have actually wearing it. I guess now it is time to start researching another tracker. UGH. 

Anyone have suggestions for alternative products?

Best Answer

Battery fully charged then draining within the hour is happening to lots of users at the same time. Fitbit unwilling to look at a software update that has caused this. 

Support contacted me saying they can't replace my Blaze  as its out of warranty, which i knew, but i don't want a replacement, was happy enough with it. i just wanted them to roll back the software that could of caused this to happen.

25% discount seems to be Fitbits answer to customer support. You could save that anyway if you shop around.

Garmin or Polar look like far better products.

Best Answer

I got mine in 2016 also and it suddenly started going dead from a full charge yesterday?  Very strange?  Fit bit help ..,

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t know if it’s coincidence but all my troubles started with the last update. Once I got the message ’hang tight we're cleaning things up for you’ it all went downhill. The problem I have seems to be terminal with no fix & my dilemma is do you invest in another Fitbit (if so which one as you know the battery will give up) or go somewhere else. I believe there is a firmware issue with updates. 

Best Answer

Hi Fitbit help - what is the solution to the sudden battery issue?

Best Answer

Fitbit are not interested in fixing or at least trying to fix the sudden issue we all having at the same time , they just want you to buy another Fitbit . I personally wouldn't . 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi to date no solution from Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello....I have the same issue as the rest of you.  Had the FitBit Blaze for 3 years now and up until a month ago it worked fine.  Now all of a sudden it won't even charge!  I've cleaned it, left it charging for a whole day and still nothing!  I'm getting an Apple watch!!

Best Answer

Another day of the Fitbit blaze heading to dead battery mode.  Radio silence from the help team at Fitbit???  
what dose one do???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ewarp,

I think you know what you need to do..... Fitbit aren't replying..... Can you tryst another Fitbit? You need to buy a Garmin or similar, I think you now know what Fitbit offer in terms of product and service.

I have placed a number of posts and they have all been removed because I guess I'm not singing the virtues of Fitbit! I think your comms are helpful to everyone as they demonstrate what to expect from a Fitbit device and business!

My new Garmin Vivoactive 3 is exceptional, beats the old Blaze hands down, and it is cheaper! 

Good luck. Steve

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes Fitbit prefers to spend some time deleting what they consider unwanted posts rather than to address the issue and as we can see... I am not the only one with battery problems.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in the same boat. Fitbit doesn't hold a charge for more than a day and Fitbit recommends turning off all the features such as heart rate monitoring, and notifications - essentially all the reasons I bought the Fitbit in the first place! 

Moving on to another company with better products and better customer service. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have arrived at same conclusion as I did - buy a Garmin Vivoactive 3, exceptional performance, great watch, light, good fit, GPS, water 50m, good community, great personal drivers, I'm struggling to think of anything bad, if is so much better that the Fitbit Blaze, whoops I forgot- it's cheaper!!! No comparison, go and buy a better watch at lower price!.

Good luck.

Best Answer

This is also happening to mine. Started with the last upgrade. Someone needs to look into this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
People left and right or have any issues, but one contacted Fitbit won’t do Jack. They insult people but offering them a discount on a new unit, sounds like a little ole’ Apple iPhone trick right there.

Thank you,
Derek S. Wren
318-347-3806
Best Answer

I started facing the same issue since last 3 days after I synced it with my android. Not sure if that started it but the charge is just not holding up for more than 12 hours. Even if the device is 4 years old, I don't think it should go from holding charge for 5 days to 12 hours. And looking at this forum, it is definitely a common issue. It will be great if fitbit team can try to resolve this issue so that they can retain customers.

Best Answer
0 Votes