Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze stopped tracking heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze last week stopped tracking my heart rate and the green lights arn't turning on. I've tried cleaning it, re syncing, and shutdown. Has anyone dealt with a similar issue?

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

Hi @Qltnbear923 and @Sranjan, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums! I am sorry for the delayed response. 

@Qltnbear923 I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that your Blaze stopped tracking your heart rate. Thank you for your efforts to resolve this. I recommend trying the complete troubleshooting steps including a restart from this help article: Why don't I see my heart rate on my Fitbit device?

@Sranjan I am glad to hear the heart rate monitor started working on your Blaze. I appreciate your time and efforts to help other users. 

I'll be around if you need further help!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not only is the heart rate not working it is now it won't hold a charge......from bad to worse....

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Hi Liliya... many thanks for stepping in. I appreciate.

I had posted earlier that he problems with my Blaze got resolved by themselves. However, one of the problems has resurfaced from yesterday. There is a problem with recording active minutes. Instead of the number of active minutes being synchronized from Blaze to Fitbit App, it is happening the other way round. As a result,  and many times in the day, I lose active minutes as the active minutes get reset to zero whenever i sync with my phone app.

Would be grateful if you could guide me on how to resolve this.

Best regards

Sanjeev

Best Answer

Dealing with it right now. Isn't holding a charge and now doesn't care about my heart rate. Are they trying to force us to get a new one?

Best Answer

Kind of intriguing that many people should simultaneously face a problem about the device not holding the charge. Even I faced this problem for a day yesterday. Starting with full charge in the morning, I almost ran out of power completely by the evening. However, I don't think that this could have been anybody's act so I wont link it to any attempt to force us to buy a new device. In any case, I think they have many ways of doing it if they wanted to force us.

On my part, I just checked the settings and I found that my Blutooth Classic was in "on" mode. I put the same to off and today I have consumed only 25% power in 12 hours. This is still high but not as high is yesterday.

I did face another issue though. My blaze did not get charged beyond 80% battery, even though i kept charging it all thru the night. Something definitely seems to be going wrong with many batteries or charging systems.

Sanjeev

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was told by someone who repairs them. The heartbeat tracker stops when there is corrosion, which then drains and doesn't allow the battery to hold a charge. So my Fitbit will be going in for repairs 

Best Answer
0 Votes

In my case, the heart rate function is alright now. Still having problems about charge holding by the device. Also, randomly, it keeps setting the number of active minutes to zero.

It is getting a bit irritating now.

So many people having charge holding problem could only mean some problem with the updated software version.

I hope someone will take note and help resolve.

Sanjeev

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine has been on auto and I changed it to On and it still doesn't track my
heart rate. They need to do something.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Kenkie79Thank you for your replies @Sranjan @Qltnbear923. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

@Sranjan I really appreciate your time and feedback and will be glad to assist you further. Regarding the issue with the active minutes resetting to zero, please let me know if you manually log any exercises or have any third party app connected to your Fitbit account? I recommend checking the tips to prevent battery drain in help article: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

@Kenkie79 I am sorry to hear you continue experiencing issues with your device. Upon checking with our support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution, please keep working with them.

@Qltnbear923 thank you for your input. I appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I will be glad to forward your case to Customer Support if you would like to proceed. Please let me know. Please note that the warranty of your device could be affected if it has been serviced, altered, refurbished, or modified by anyone who is not authorized by Fitbit. 

I'll be around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

My Fitbit is over 3 yrs old and probably long out of warranty. I can't afford a brand new one so this is my  only option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Qltnbear923, thank you for your reply. 

Thank you for providing the additional details. I understand your position and appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue. 

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Liliya.....

At the moment, I can live with the other problems which are of intermittent nature.

Main problem is the battery life, which has come down from four days to three hours on full charge. The same happened while there is just no change in the usage or any settings of the device.

What could be the cause for such a drastic and sudden degradation in battery performance? would be grateful for your advice in this regard.

best

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's bad enough.

Mine is less than two years old and with expensive devices like this one expects better quality.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to see you around @Sranjan

I appreciate your feedback and understand that your main concern is the battery life. Thank you for sharing the additional details. Since the battery is affected by various factors, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to take a deeper look at this and provide a solution. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions. 

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks a lot Liliya.

Your intervention is much appreciated.

Sanjeev

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply @Sranjan

I appreciate your time and feedback. I am sure our Support team will find the way to get you back on track. Best of luck with your health and wellness goals!

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed this full convo and tried all suggestions and my heartrate still is not working.what next?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Robinlmcalpine

Thank you for joining the conversation and for taking the time to troubleshoot the issue with your tracker. 

Since the issue persists, I've sent your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My heartrate monitor started working again in it's own. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Mine is in the repair shop,major repairs 😭

Best Answer
0 Votes