Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze stops run without me stopping it

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As it seems the Fitbit Blaze stops outdoor activities when wearing clothing which touches the screen, does anyone know if switching the “Quick View” off will stop this from happening?

I find this silly bug along with the fact that it can count floors but not convert that elevation into meters plus when using an indoor gym stepping machine like a stair master which the Blaze counts the steps almost perfectly yet fails to add that to the floor count quite daft and a little infuriating (just seems like the programmer didn’t understand what the product would be used for - i.e. when it’s cold and wet outside I may wish to wear clothing with long sleeves without it ending my run early)

I’m also thinking of upgrading to the ionic, have any of these bits been ironed out?

cheers everyone

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hey there @Shakey-Shane, we truly appreciate your comments.

As we know for for some users switching the “Quick View” off helps, but if your cloths touch the screen it would be like you're tapping on it and the activity could get paused. I've found a suggestion( Lock Screen/buttons during Exercise) that talks about a function that could help with this, you can vote for it or enter your own one to have an option to block the screen while on exercise. I'd say this are great features to implement on new products.

Regarding your floors count, please note that Fitbit counts floors with an altimeter sensor that can detect when you're going up or down in elevation. Your tracker registers one floor when you climb about ten feet at one time. 10 feet is an average between residential and commercial floor heights. 10 feet makes 3 meters. So, if there is no change in altitude, the tracker won't register floors and at the moment can't be logged manually.

Currently, elevation can only be found on activities where GPS is used. If you are using the Connected GPS feature of the Blaze for the hiking for example, Elevation will show on the bottom right hand corner of the map that is generated.

Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily fitness goals. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving the Fitbit experience.

I'll be around if you have more questions or comments. Have a nice weekend! Cat Happy

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer
0 Votes