Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze stuck on "Clock Error"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
White changing my clock face my daughter was playing with my phone. At some point she got into the bluetooth settings and unpaired my Blaze. Now the display is showing "Clock Error go to Fitbit app and try another clock". The problem is I am unable to get to the setting to set bluetooth into pairing on the Blaze now. I have tried resetting it but continues to display the error.
Best Answer
0 Votes
68 REPLIES 68

I am getting the clock error message but then shortly after the error is displayed the device reboots itself. I have tried:

1) resetting device by holding down left and bottom right buttons on the blaze

1) letting the device battery go completely flat then leaving to charge till full

2) removing the fitbt app from my phone and re-installing - no difference 

2) removing the bluetooth pairing from my phone and adding again in conjunction with point 2 - no difference

3) removing pairing with phone and adding to my laptop - blaze wont stay up long enough to pair

4) installing fitbit app to laptop - says it finds the tracker but i have to add a code, this isnt being displayed because of the clock error (I presume)...blaze then reboots which stops the pairing process

Has anyone any other things to try as I am wondering if the blaze has gone terminal on me for some reason 😞

Best Answer

Normally with a clock face error the user simply needs to choose a new clock face, is that what you tried at first? 

@DavidThomas1975 I'm unable to follow you. You say you removed the pairing with the phone. This is when the user opens the phones Bluetooth app and removed the Blaze as a trusted device. This does not remove the device from your Fitbit account and there is no need to setup or pair the tracker to the phone. 

Step 2 removing app and reinstalling will confirm that you have the latest app

Second step 2 of removing the blaze from phones Bluetooth could be helpful with a sync issue. But their is no way that a user can or would want to add again to the Bluetooth. Doing so, if successful will keep the app from talking with the tracker. 

At no point do you mention that the blaze was removed from your Fitbit account, I'm not sure if the blaze has been removed from your account.. Doing so will simply add more problems. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Rich

Thanks for your message,

>Normally with a clock face error the user simply needs to choose a new clock face, is that what you tried at first? 

Yes, that was the first thing I tried, the issue with that is that the blaze comes up with the error then restarts and constantly loops through the same cycle. Basically, I dont think there is enough time for the blaze to come up, then connect with the phone and then sync a new/different clock design. We are talking about a restart every 15-20 seconds (approx)

@DavidThomas1975 I'm unable to follow you. You say you removed the pairing with the phone. This is when the user opens the phones Bluetooth app and removed the Blaze as a trusted device.

I saw on another thread where someone had turned bluetooth off on their phone, then added it to their laptop and that cleared the clock error. Ok, i went one step further as I thought it might help to remove the pairing, restart the phone and add it back in just in case it was the pairing that was also causing a problem

>This does not remove the device from your Fitbit account and there is no need to setup or pair the tracker to the phone. 

This I realized afterwards but by then I was installing the fitbit app on my laptop and taking the phone out of the equation completely. My phone has been playing up so putting two and two together I probbly came up with five...

>Step 2 removing app and reinstalling will confirm that you have the latest app

Tried that also, sorry...should have mentioned that.

>But their is no way that a user can or would want to add again to the Bluetooth.

Interesting that you say that as the blaze was appearing as an option to add again on the phone...as I say, thought I would take the phone out of the equation and add to the laptop instead just in case it was my phone causing an issue (along with the constant restarting of the blaze)

>At no point do you mention that the blaze was removed from your Fitbit account,

After I tried adding the blaze to the laptop and being prompted for a code that should appear on the tracker (tracker didnt stay up long enough for a code to appear, only showed the clock error then restarted), I went in to the settings on my phone and saw the device listed in the fitbit app and yes, I deleted it. If this now means I can't sync with my phone then thats fine with me, I have a laptop that I use more than my phone anyway so not really fussed if I have compounded the problem by trying too many things in the wrong order.

On other threads, people mention about the clock error but dont mention about it constantly restarting, does this happen or do I potentially have two problems, one with the error message and the other being the tracker constantly restarting?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried holding button on left and lower on right until reboot completed, but it did not correct clock error message

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @DavidThomas1975 and @Bwrightback, welcome to the Community Forums. @Rich_Laue, it's great to see you here, and thanks for your help. I'm sorry for the delay in my response.

@DavidThomas1975, I truly appreciate the time you've taken to troubleshoot your Blaze. You did a fantastic job, and thanks for describing each step. While your device has two issues, both are related to the screen. For this reason, I requested a case to our Support Team so they can give you a hand. 

@Bwrightback, thanks for letting me know about your Blaze, as well for trying the restart process. Could you please try changing the clock face with the following steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account icon.
  2. Tap on the Blaze image and then on "clock face".
  3. Choose another one and make sure to sync so the changes can be applied.
  4. If this works, you can change back the clock face.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze constantly brings up clock error, I can unpair the blaze and connect it again, But it always comes back. I’ve tried changing the face and using each one but it still happens.. is it a older model thing for fitbits ? How can I get this fixed, I really like using this one in particular.

Best Answer

Hi @FadedAxios. Welcome! It's great to see a new face around. I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for letting me know that your Blaze is having this behavior, as well for the troubleshooting steps tried prior posting. You did a good job! Since this shouldn't be happening, I got in touch with our Support team and they'll create a case on your behalf to help you with this matter. Keep an eye on your inbox.

Hope to see you around more often!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you mean, "Open the app and force a sync."  Can you explain that another way?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

When opening the app a sync should happen. 

If the app is open, pulling down on the dashboard will initiate a sync. Or tap the sync under your we settings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes