Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze stuck on "fitbit.com/setup" screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have gone through the forums and still no avail. I have tried multiple ports on my computer, phone chargers and it wont show any indication of charging (including vibration/buzz) I cant update due to low battery and all it shows is the "fitbit.com/setup" screen with the logo.

everything is aligned with the charger, and its closed properly. my computer recognizes that something has been connected and is using power but that's it.

cheers

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

okay so after almost 2 hours, i decided to open up the app on my computer, then it randomly comes up with a prompt on its own to update, i proceed and the darn thing updates itself and shows its charging now, buzz and all.

to anyone who comes across this and has this problem, give it a few hours in the charging dock and check back on it later. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

@Mustachio  Until the tracker is set up, the display will only show the "Fitbit.com/setup" message.  No battery indicator until after it has been setup.

Once you have enough battery, try the set up process again.  

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

how do I know when its charged? it doesnt do anything when I connect it to charge (no buzz/vibration) and the app shows no change in the battery status since i connected it over an hour ago

cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

okay so after almost 2 hours, i decided to open up the app on my computer, then it randomly comes up with a prompt on its own to update, i proceed and the darn thing updates itself and shows its charging now, buzz and all.

to anyone who comes across this and has this problem, give it a few hours in the charging dock and check back on it later. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem! Was the app on your laptop open or closss whilst the blaze was plugged in?

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Stacey1981. If you are seeing the "fitbit.com/setup" message on your tracker's display, that means that it needs to be paired. Please restart your tracker and follow these steps from your Fitbit app:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I'm about to throw this out of the window! I follow the so called setup instructions using the Windows 10 app from the store as it wouldn't set up from the phone app. Put the device in the stupidly flimsy charger and close the lid hearing the click. The screen shows fitbit.com/setup.The Win10 app says that it's found my tracker, a number appears on it and I enter that on the screen - and that's where it sits for hours saying "finishing up". Click on not working and away we go, around in circles.Reset device using left button and bottom right - follow the same procedure again - same results!

I open the app on my phone and it shows. Hurray you say. No! Battery empty despite having been on charge for hours. Of course, like several thousand other users the battery symbol doesn't appear, no matter how much jiggling about (I shouldn't have to do). The fitbit icon moves from left to right across the screen which, according to some, means it's charging. As soon as I put it down the screen goes blank (saving battery?) But after at least 4hrs it still says battery empty. I also hear that it won't charge until it's loaded its software but how can it do it if it doesn't charge? And I can't update the software until it has sufficient charge. It's supposed to be fully charged after 2hrs.

Windows keeps bing-bonging as it finds, loses connection (another indicator that the cradle is rubbish) even while it's sitting on the desk untouched. According to the phone app, it is syncing but a I can't complete the setup it's useless.

I'm not impressed at all. I've just upgraded to this from my 3rd Charge which continually went wrong. Even if you end up changing it (I think the device is fine it's just the crappy charger) I'm being put to even more inconvenience and your product should work right out of the box!

Best Answer

Hello @HiVol8age, i cant seem to understand what your saying., ot doesn't matter for what im going to explain.

The Blaze will charge its battery without being setup,  it is the cjarging icon that won't be displayed. You will only feel a slight vibration to indicaye thst it os charging when attaching the charger. Use your phones charger.

When it comes to a Win 10 computer their is 3 ways to sync/setup a Blaze tracker.

Use the computers built in Bluetooth 4.x

Use a Fitbit dongle

Use the charging cord, the Blaze insearted amd plugged into a usb on the computer. 

After the tracker is attached to your account, it will ask you to install new firmware. This will display a bar that moves from left to right. Is this what you saw.38300i446CCB7D21DB642F.jpg

Best Answer

I found that by restarting my Blaze after it had been on charge for 30minutes it allowed me to do the set up while it was still charging.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, my fitbit blaze still not working after attaching with the charger for the whole night!. I am just tired of reading and trying things people suggest. I need a step 1/2/3 etc. Fitbit product should work right out of the box! 

Best Answer

stuck on "fitbit.com/setup" screen 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue  I see this thread and I am having the same issues.  It has been in the cradle connect to my computer for 4 hours now and it I still get battery is too low.  I have no idea if it is actually charging or not.  Earlier it showed the green battery bar at 50% and now it is only showing at 25%.  Still get no vibration whatsoever when I put it in the cradle but my computer recognizes it when I do put it in.  Do I need to return this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine!

I would like to know if you keep having issues setting up your trackers. If you do, I recommend taking a look at my previous post and follow the instructions provided there.

Let me know how it goes. Robot Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hello,

It took 2 days but I finally got it to work.

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @LaurieSafreed, I am glad to hear that your issues has been resolved and that your tracker is now working properly. If you need anything else, do not hesitate in posting it.

Happy stepping! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried to set up my Fit Blaze various times over the last year, but I end up putting it back in a drawer for a later, "better" time to deal with the frustration (given to me as a gift and I asked for it...lol..so I felt I couldn't just return it). Anyway, I am back to try again. I plug in the Fitbit Blaze, install the app on my computer (first time on my MAC, second time on my Windows 7 machine). Like so many others here, I am stuck on the screen that states "fitbit.com/set up" . As I follow the app instructions, I get to a point where I am asked to install a dongle, but a dongle was not included with my Fitbit Blaze. The instructions state that I can use my USB connection to accomplish the set up, but that simply does not work. 

The screen does not even indicate what is wrong....it just stays on the same set up message. Ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Jazzy_Rhae,
I totally understand the frustration. Mine didn’t come with that dongo thing to put in the computer either. I did download the app and I put mine in the cradle to charge overnight and it still wasn’t charged. I took the USB from my computer and plugged it into an outlet in the wall. Then it took less than an hour. It won’t show you anything but the fitbit.com/setup until it is installed with the update. I tried all the USB connections on my computer and all showed it connected but I couldn’t tell if it was charging because even the app didn’t say if it was charging so I moved it to a wall charger. Try that and keep checking the app where it shows the battery status (the green little thing like on cell phones). If after a couple hours, try a different outlet to charge it. I don’t know why because I can charge it now on my computer with no problem. I think it is just that the battery is literally dead and it really takes awhile to build that charge. Once you see the green status bar moving for the charge in the app, then you should be able to complete the update. Once that is done, then it will show you the battery status bar the next time you need to charge it. I know they say it will vibrate but mine didn’t when I put it in the cradle and it still doesn’t when I put it in the cradle. So don’t worry about that. It will eventually charge enough to complete the updates and setup. 😊

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, I said "after a couple of hours" but what I meant to say was after a FEW hours.  Then check the app to see if the green bar is moving.  If not, then move it to a different USB plug.

Best Answer
0 Votes

how to solve?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @norziishak, a warm welcome to the Community.

If you are having problems pairing your Blaze, I recommend taking a look at the help article Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? and follow the instructions provide there.

Let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes