Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze vs. Skin

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have sensitive skin, I know that. I had the force previously and while it was recalled for skin irritation I loosened mine and kept going until the Blaze came out. The band gave me a rash pretty quick which was no surprise but the back of the actual device has given me a rash too. No one seems to be mentioning that? I made me own band pretty quickly with ribbon and Velcro that is shockingly secure and has less of a impact on my skin. I guess I'm wearing it to tight but I thought it had to be tight to track bmp correctly.... Anyone else?
Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@Tallary wrote:
I have sensitive skin, I know that. I had the force previously and while it was recalled for skin irritation I loosened mine and kept going until the Blaze came out. The band gave me a rash pretty quick which was no surprise but the back of the actual device has given me a rash too. No one seems to be mentioning that? I made me own band pretty quickly with ribbon and Velcro that is shockingly secure and has less of a impact on my skin. I guess I'm wearing it to tight but I thought it had to be tight to track bmp correctly.... Anyone else?

@Tallary Welcome... This is an extract from the Blaze manual about tightness.. It is vague.

blaze wear.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes
@colinmn39 Interesting! I probably am wearing in too tight. It's better when I'm wearing my homemade bands. I get a rash at the bottom of my wrist too as I've seen everyone else mention. But nothing like I get from the tracker it's self.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tallary wrote:
@colinmn39 Interesting! I probably am wearing in too tight. It's better when I'm wearing my homemade bands. I get a rash at the bottom of my wrist too as I've seen everyone else mention. But nothing like I get from the tracker it's self.

@Tallary It's unfortunate you have that sensitivity. Is it from the metal parts of the Blaze, the buckle and the underside.?

I was getting the rash from the sides of the Surge because of the lack of air space and now in my case no problems with the Blaze after 6 weeks of 24/7.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @Tallary! I noticed your post and I was wondering how it went? Did you get a chance to wear your Blaze a bit loose to see if it made a change?

Was your HeartRate reading affected by wearing your Blaze less tight than the way you wore it? 

If this is still present, please be sure to discontinue wearing the device. After having done so, please be sure to check and follow the tips of our Product Care page; one of the best suggestions is to use a wet soft-bristled toothbrush to remove buildups between the cracks  and nooks of your tracker (and frame). There's also a soap free cleanser ro rinse and dry your tracker; making sure the tracker itself is not placed in the Blaze's frame.

If the irritation continues, please be sure to reach out to our Support Team, I'm sure they will be glad to further assist on this.

Let me know if you have any questions, have a great week! Smiley Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer