Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze will not pair

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I did a reboot with left and bottom right buttons and now it wont pair.
I had also allowed it to port my account to google. Not sure if this is involved in issue.
I get the pair screen and enter the code and it never works.
watch works fine but it is irritating not being able to get the correct time.
Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

This has happened to my blaze too. I have reset it. It is pairing and I am able to receive my notifications on it but the time is wrong. Is there a way to sort it or should I admit defeat and look at a newer model. Such a shame I love my blaze. 

Best Answer

@dovidb18 , @Gillm1940 ,

I occasionally have had this issue with my Blaze as well and noticed on my Android when I did a Bluetooth scan that it sometime finds a "Blaze" as well as a "Blaze (Classic)" device.  Unpairing the "Blaze" device fixes my sync issue everytime.

I suspect some I work around also has a Blaze and my phone attempts to pair with it.  Still investigating to find out who that person is - maybe we could do a tun together 😄!!!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Wanch Blaze Classic was for music only. You'd have regular bluetooth and classic bluetooth on your Blaze. Is Classic turned off in your settings? 

You can't sync to any Fitbit through phone settings. It can only be done through the Fitbit app. So your phones bluetooth settings wouldn't be connecting to someone elses Blaze. 

Best Answer

I have this issue too. My Blaze was fine in November when last used. I have recently charged and attempted to sync but the sync nolonger works. I have tried every suggestion from the support team but nothign works.

A quick Google shows that the December app update broke multiple Fitbit devices not just the Blaze. Fitbit support have so far denied any liability in breaking (making obselete) my Blaze, and there latest advice is that my watch is out of support and warranty with a link to their online shop to purchase a new watch.

The December app update apparently broke the Charge 5, Versa 2 aswell as our Blaze. The Charge 5 story even made it onto the BBC news:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-68140297

If anyone else is experiencing this problem, please don't just accept it. What they have done is wrong, and they need to investigate and fix the issue.
Log a reply on here and make yourself known. Unfortunately, there probably arnt that many Blaze users left but the more people and more devices we can highlight to show this widespread issue the better.

Best Answer

@runforitnow That article is about a Charge 5 firmware update and nothing else. Where do you get a December app update broke Versa 2's and Blazes? I have both and they still work. The app that has been having a lot of issues, is the October redesigned app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarkMMQuite a few users here having the same issues as us.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Other-Versa-Smartwatches/bd-p/versa

Best Answer
0 Votes

@runforitnow I don't see anything about a December app update. The support forum was around I joined in 2016. There's always people posting issues. That's what it's there for. Again, my Blaze, Versa 2, and Versa 1's all work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarkMMThanks for confirming all your devices work ok. I hope they continue that way. I would advise that you do not uninstall the app, or try to run through the setup process again in the future as things may stop working.

As an update for others having this issue. I have the old Fitbit app on an old phone and I have been able to successfully sync my Blaze in that old app.
So, I guess there is nothing wrong with my watch.
I then carried out the same process on my new phone with the new Fitbit app, and the update/sync continues to fail.

All evidence points to the fact that the new app is at fault here. This new Fitbit app worked fine just a few months ago but is now failing, making my watch defunct on the latest version of the software. I am convinced there is a bug during setup as I can see an off-screen popup that gets caught in a loop - that you can not remove by clicking an option, it just comes back again and you have to swipe up to remove. I think this is causing the setup and pairing to fail.

20240207_143152.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for replying. It's reassuring to know it's not just mine. But not good that Fitbit are not sorting it. I have tried live chat but nothing seems to work. It definitely looks like an update issue. So annoying 😡. I appreciate everyone who has replied. Thank you 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

@runforitnow I turned on the Blaze and the phone with my fitbit test account. It now has a pink Fitbit link prompt at the top. Clicking won't pull up the allow option like you have. However, Data in the app is updating. The watch IS syncing. I have the same thing on another phone with the Versa. All was fine when I installed the Blaze to that account about three weeks ago. 

Here is a picture. Prompt at the top yet data is updating. Yours isn't? 

Screenshotb.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarkMM  Thanks for trying to help with this. Yes, this looks similar to what happens for me. 

However, the sync only appears to work one way 'from the watch to the phone app'. My daily steps are transferred from watch to phone app but any data such as current date and time, or option changes such as clock style are not transferred 'from phone app to watch'.

Are you able to change clock face style in the app and see it updated on the watch. Or is yours one way also?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@runforitnow You're welcome. Just tried and yes, I can change the clock face. It's apparently syncing fine despite the link notification. 

Screenshot_2n.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarkMM Thanks for checking that. No idea why it is not working for some of us then.

Like yours, mine shows to be syncing fine on that 'devices' page (as per your screen grab above) but like I say it is only one way. I can not update from phone app to watch.

Interesting I do not get the pink warning at the top of the Today screen. Mine looks fine. I just get a pink error message saying sync failed if I try a swipe down synchronisation on the today screen. 

Fitbit support say there will be an update released but no indication when that will be or whether it will fix the issue. 

Thanks again.

Best Answer

@runforitnow You're welcome! I hope Fitbit can get it sorted for you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes