Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won't connect to Macbook Pro Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I tried everything installed/unistalled/updated and no luck connecting the Blaze to BT using macbook pro. Too much of a hassle to keep trying. It is useless . $200 down the drain. don't buy any Blaze.

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Hi there @Jeryes. Welcome to the Fitbit Community!

At the moment, any Fitbit device will connect to your computer's Bluetooth only if it's running windows 8.1+

It will not connect to a Mac unless you use the Fitbit Connect Software and you plug your charging craddle to your computer and put the tracker module in the craddle. That's the way you get it to sync to your computer in the case you have a Mac. You can also use a compatible mobile device for syncing.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

That reply doesn't make sense to me:

1. I can sync Fitbit One and Charge HR using the dongle on a Windows 7 machine.  Have done it for a few years now on the original Fitbit and Fitbit One.  Do you mean you need W8+ to sync using a PCs built-in Bluetooth, but a dongle will work on previous versions of Windows?

2. Putting the Blaze into the charging cradle and trying to sync on a Mac (Yosemite) using Fitbit Connect does not work.

3. The Blaze manual says that it should sync to anything running Fitbit Connect, including a Mac with Bluetooth 4.  Mine is a 5K iMac with the right Bluetooth generation.  I also have a Charge HR that does sync to the Mac just fine.  Could your software be confusing the two and only syncing one?  The app on iPhone doesn't get confused and syncs both.

Fitbit: Please let us know that you are aware this is a problem and that you will fix this.  Your documentation promises; your software does not deliver on OS X.

Best Answer

Now if the Charge HR syncs fine to the Mac connect app then the Mac is already set up up sync the Blaze.. As for the connect software goes it will sync any Fitbit tracker that it can communicate with... Now if your Blaze is currently connected to a phone either
The solution is to turn BT off on the phone before trying to sync through the PC or Mac

Best Answer
0 Votes

Starting on Thursday 07-21-2016 I am receiving a perpetual "Oh no! We found a problem!

Server appears to be busy at the moment. Please try again later." message on the Fitbit site.   I am using a Fitbit Zip and have for close to four years.  My Fitbit device hasn't changed, nor has my web browser, nor has my computer Operating System, nor has the Fitbit dongle connected to my Mac. Therefore, this problem is at your end.  I am able to sync my Fitbit Zip via your newly-redesigned iPad Fitbit app, although the process is far more cumbersome than it was with the prior interface.  I hope Fitbit has not decided to simply throw in the towel on supporting its Mac users who wish to sync to their computer.  Please advise if you are aware of this problem and intend to actually do something about it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So here is the situation I find with Fitbit Blaze on a Mac (OS X, not iOS on the phone/pad):

I have the Blaze paired with my iPhone so the Blaze can do what it's supposed to do (notifications, GPS, etc.).  But if I do that I can't sync using the Mac's built-in Bluetooth.  I also can't sync using a Fitbit dongle, even though that dongle does successfully sync a Fitbit One and a Fitbit Charge on the same Mac.

Turning off the pairing of my Blaze to my phone just to sync to the Mac is a poor, in fact unacceptable, solution.  Pairing and unpairing is too cumbersome a process to do every day or so.

I can sync the Blaze using the iPhone it is paired with.  Works fine, but requires me to bring up the Fitbit app and, often, requires me to force it to sync.  With the other Fitbits that use the dongle, the sync is automatic when in range.

I understand that the reason I can't sync to the Mac is a Bluetooth restriction - you can only pair to one device at a time and the Blaze is paired to the iPhone, not the Mac.  But I don't understand why the iPhone won't always sync automatically through the app.

It would help a lot if Fitbit would make this clear to users in their documentation.  It's nice to have a simple setup (Blaze setup is very simple), but there is no substitute for documentation to tell you how to use all the features.  For Blaze, the manual is helpful but obviously a bit thin.

Best Answer

@RHLCO yes I can see having to turn off the phones BT a problem, but this is because of a decision made when BT was created and completely out of the hands of Fitbit. 

You can not connect a single BT keyboard to operate two computers at the same time, in general you can not hook one BT speaker up to two phones and play music from both at the same time. There are a few speakers and car radios that have multiple BT receivers and are able to do this. Fitbit does not have this.

As for the Mac your using a browser to look at the data on the Fitbit server, there is no need to sync through the MAC if a sync just happened through a phone. I use just one device to sync only to save the bsttery. 

Best Answer

Interesting thing is all three cars in our house are paired to 4 phones. Only one can be paired at a time, however even our 2007 Acura allows easy switching (voice command) between paired phones while driving. Everyone I know just expects multiple phones to pair with a car, and a way to switch between (most common is using my key = car pairs to my phone unless not in range, then it tries pairing to another phone in list). 

We have a Logitech keyboard that easily switches between three computers:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/multi-device-keyboard-k480

This is a solved problem, but not commonly implemented on wearables and other fitness tech. In fact I can't think of any wearables that support it. Definitely confusing for a lot of users... including my family and relatives. 

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks 

This worked with my macbook air 13"...

Another tip- sync as blaze classic

Best Answer
0 Votes

We are having the exact same issue and we bought two! $400 down!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We are facing the same issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to welcome you @gapson. I would like to know if you have take a look at @FerdinandFitbit's post and follow the instructions provided there? If you haven't, I recommend checking it and follow the steps provided there.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

New Blaze for my child. Won't sync on mac book pro. Had old fit bit alta had issues but it would eventually get there. Fitbit blaze no. So frustrating all my other "bluetooth" stuff all hooked up no problem. Will be returning. You would think with all the posts fitbit would solve the problem, I'm done. 

Merry Christmas!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I have a MacBook Pro running MacOS high Sierra 10.13.1. It won’t sync with the computer. Bluetooth won’t sync either. My phone is a blackberry so I don’t think it syncs with that either. How do I sync it to my MacBook? Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new Blaze will not connect to my Macbook Pro running macOS Sierra version 10.12.6 or my iPhone 5s running iOS 11, and I cannot find anything on the internet to help me troubleshoot the issue.  Wasting my time after spending >200$ on your device.  How kind of you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Sunshine. @Sean25 @Boston12., great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

Please take a look at my post above for more information on this.

Anything else you might need help with, I'm here!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I will.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finding the app Fitbit connect isn't as easy as it sounds. Clicked on your link to it and it goes nowhere.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues and I bought two one for my husband and myself. I am so disappointed with this product I don't think I will go with a fitbit product again. Many other cheaper choices, this is a hassle. 

Best Answer
0 Votes