Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won't display text messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all,

I just purchased the Blaze last night, and got everything up and going on it. The phone call notification works, calendar notification works, but it will NOT display any incoming text messages to my phone. It appears to be syncing but not my texts.  Any help is appreciated.  thanks

Best Answer
273 REPLIES 273

I went and got the Samsung Active 2 yesterday.

Problem solved 🤷🏻‍:female_sign:

No more Fitbit products for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

came back to turn notifications to this thread off, funny to see a big banner across the top that Fitbit now has issues with the latest iOS13 now too

your not working hard to resolve any issues, you dont care about your customers once you have our money, ill do all i can to stop anyone i know buying your products in the future

Garmin arrives tomorrow I think, goodbye

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best solution is to leave Fitbit, the new Versa looks good but Fitbit App is broken with no fix, i have had the usual generic advice to delete and reinstall App then disconnect and reconnect device. This doesn't work! The best advice i got from Fitbit support was to ditch my new phone and get an older one!!!

🙃🙃

Best Answer
0 Votes

But they have been working hard since version 2.9 to fix the problem 🤔

Would i have the same problem if i got a new Versa?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I borrowed my son's Versa (first gen) for a week. I was able to receive every notification I set it up for, as well as reply to texts through it. I put it through its paces.

So the app works with my Samsung S8. So the app works with the newer trackers for sure, but my Blaze is less than two years old and version 3.0 of the app broke the functionality. I did set it back up as a brand new tracker, following all of the instructions, without success. I set it back up last evening, and it has not synchronized for 13 hours so far. Yet it is set to "all day sync" which used to work, and worked perfectly with my son's versa.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, thank you for the updates. I am sorry for the delayed response.  

I totally understand how you are feeling and respect your decisions. I don't have an update at this time, but wanted to let you know we are actively working on this issue. I will update this thread once I hear more. Thanks again for your patience. Please keep an eye on this help article for updates or if you would like to confirm the troubleshooting steps: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone

@SunsetRunner I recommend checking these troubleshooting steps if you continue experiencing difficulties with syncing. 

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LiliyaFitbit I've tried all troubleshooting steps multiple times. This all stopped working after version 3.

I'm afraid the only thing changes is the app. Nothing to do with my phone settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner, thank you for your reply. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I appreciate your efforts, thank you for sharing your comments and concerns. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them and that they were able to assist you regarding this matter. If you continue experiencing difficulties, I recommend to keep communication open with our Support team since they have already all the details of the case and special tools to continue assisting you. Thank you for your time and efforts. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LiliyaFitbit 

Thanks for checking up on that, I am not sure why they would think my issues are resolved, since I check in every few weeks looking for an update. My issues are not resolved. Yesterday my Blaze had not synched for over 48 hours. Today it did sync 4.5 hours ago. Certainly not an "All day sync!"

My original issue of course was my tracker not displaying text messages, which as we all know, is still an issue. So both issues I have reported are not resolved by any means. Did they just close my tickets without resolution???

Best Answer
I'm experiencing same thing   not syncing can't find blaze and still no messages Sent from my Galaxy Tab A (2016)
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to see you around, @SunsetRunner @Otterlee14

@SunsetRunner thank you for providing the additional details. I've sent this information to our Support team and they will be following up with you. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

@Otterlee14 thank you for sharing your experience. I would like to confirm if you continue experiencing difficulties with syncing and what device you're using to sync your Blaze? You can double check our list of supported devices

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've been having trouble for months now. I have a Google pixel. And blaze
Fitbit. It's been months with no messages to. Finished
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Otterlee14 

I have a work colleague with a Pixel who was also having troubles with messages not working on her Fitbit band (Charge, Alta or something like that). After having her disable Text Message notifications and enable App Notifications for Messages, all her text notifications started working. I also had her make sure Always Vibrate was enabled since she had her Pixel ring and vibrate turned off so the Fitbit App thinks the Pixel is in Do Not Disturb mode and wouldn't send notifications.

Please give these a try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated to version 3.8 last evening. My texts are showing on my Blaze now. 

I will post an update about syncing later today. Yesterday before the update my tracker had not synchronized for 48 hours... Fingers crossed that this is fixed too. As I said I'll update later today after 24 hours after the update. 

Best Answer
How and where is version 3.8
Best Answer
0 Votes

Downloaded it right off the Google Play Store. I was alerted to t he update last evening.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, I just updated to Android app version 3.8 and I am confirming that this issue is FINALLY RESOLVED on my Samsung Galaxy S8. My Android Messages texts and Hangouts notifications are now appearing on my Blaze along with all of my other notifications that were previously working all along. 🙂

If you had rolled back to using V2.9 as I had, you should now be able to safely update to the latest version. (NOTE: Don't forget to turn "Enable Auto-update" back on in your Play Store menu for Fitbit if you had turned it off.)

If you do not see V3.8 in the Google Play store (I.E., still see V3.7), trying pressing the refresh icon in the My Apps & Games screen or just wait a day. Sometimes the updates roll out to users gradually.

Best Answer

Pixel 3XL user confirming the latest 3.8 version has solved my text notification issues. I didn't have to reboot the phone, re-pair, or anything.

Best Answer
How do you log into this app. I downloaded but asking url etc
Best Answer
0 Votes