Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won't display text messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all,

I just purchased the Blaze last night, and got everything up and going on it. The phone call notification works, calendar notification works, but it will NOT display any incoming text messages to my phone. It appears to be syncing but not my texts.  Any help is appreciated.  thanks

Best Answer
273 REPLIES 273

@SunsetRunner 

I then suggest you make sure you do not have Bluetooth Classic turned on in the Blaze and turn off message notifications instead having messages come through the App notifications.

I have also turned off the Keep Alive widget in the Fitbit App.

Best Answer

Hi everybody, thank you for your updates in this thread. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I appreciate your time and efforts. We are working on a fix and hope to have it resolved soon. Thank you very much for your patience and reports. 

You can confirm the complete and updated troubleshooting instructions here

@KLeBlazeS5 thank you for your efforts to help. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
@LiliyaFitbit

Am I correct in reading the entirety of the troubleshooting instructions is to remove the device, uninstall the app, and then set everything up as new?

How is this different than the old instructions?
Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @pizzaboy192.

I appreciate your input, some of the troubleshooting instructions were updated so you and other users can keep an eye on the updates while we're working on the fix. 

I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
@LiliyaFitbit

I've tried the instructions and it didn't help. Same issues as before. Latest v3.7 app, latest blaze firmware, Android pie, latest Google Messages.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've concluded I'm going to have to get a different watch. Can't deal with
this anymore. 6 months plus way too long
Best Answer

So I've noticed some of my phone calls are no longer coming through and the ones that do always list the first number in my phonebook instead of who's actually calling.  It's been months since the text messaging issue and still no fix so it looks like it's time to get a new watch but it won't be a Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Goodbye Fitbit, Hello Garmin

You obviously dont care about your customers for a fix to take this long

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would first check the web and see if others have issues with your model phone. Yes Garmin has a list of what phones they have tested and found to, or have been able to get to work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue 

What about people like me where the app was working perfectly fine on v2.9x and when they went to v3.x it broke? It doesn't matter if it's on the tested phone list or not. It worked fine and now it doesn't.

And I've been able to recreate the issue on tested devices. This isn't an issue of a specific phone model being broke, this is an issue of the app being broken.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My app stopped working around 2.7 I'm not sure if you are android, at some point it started working again.i would check all permissions. 

Windows or iOS. Fitbit is working on getting notifications on IOS 13. Apple made changes and did not give developers a heads up. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue 

This thread was specifically for Android users, as am I.

I haven't taken a phone OS update in 7 months and am using the stock Google Messages app.

It's just unfortunate how it's been over 4 months with the Android app being broken, with piles of people not being able to use a feature advertised as available, and no communication from the company about what they're trying to do to fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i was simply asking because i know many android users who are not having problems with notification. 

Since this thread is in the Blaze Hardware and not the Android Board there are both android and iOS users here. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone, thank you for your efforts and updates. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

Our team is actively looking into this issue, thank you for your patience. I understand that this can be very frustrating. I recommend that you make sure you have the latest version of the Fitbit app downloaded on your phones since the issue has been resolved for some users. 

The Android users can double check the permissions as @Rich_Laue mentioned, and the additional tips from this help article: What should I know about using the Fitbit app on my Android phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wait. I got two emails about the best answer. One with a tutorial on how to fix it and now it's changed to an answer that doesn't help. Can someone change it back? @LiliyaFitbit can you fix the best answer tag?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to see you around, @pizzaboy192

Thank you for your feedback. While it's not recommended to install the previous app version, the best answer for this thread has been updated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LiliyaFitbit 

Thank you! While it isn't the most up to date, it's the only solution to getting their smart watch functional as advertised. Hopefully some time in the future the most up to date app works again, but any solution that gets it working is a good one.

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @pizzaboy192.

I totally agree with you and appreciate everyone's efforts to share the solutions and tips to help other users. Thank you for your comments, I appreciate your understanding. 

I'll be around. 

Best Answer

So any estimated timeframe yet? It's been broken since mid July.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I found my solution earlier today. Bought a Samsung Galaxy Active 2 and uninstalled the Fitbit app from my phone. This is totally unacceptable to me and when I was in the store looking at watches, I purposely did not look at any Fitbit devices.
Best Answer
0 Votes