Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won't display text messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all,

I just purchased the Blaze last night, and got everything up and going on it. The phone call notification works, calendar notification works, but it will NOT display any incoming text messages to my phone. It appears to be syncing but not my texts.  Any help is appreciated.  thanks

Best Answer
273 REPLIES 273

@Otterlee14 which app are you asking about? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried everything that you said and still not working.

Why Fitbit is no looking for a solution whit this matter? I love my Blaze,  I have to put my phone in silence in the office always, but I can't check every moment if I have a text for my daughters.

Is time to find the solutions no?

thank you

Rosa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aureliana 

To get notifications on your Blaze while your phone is in silent mode you need to have Always Vibrate turned on in the Fitbit App.

You can find it by taping your Blaze in the app, going to Notifications and making sure that Always Vibrate in the Vibration Settings is turned on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, thank you for the updates. I am sorry for the delayed response.  

I appreciate the time that each of you took to share your experience and solutions. I am glad to hear that the issue has been resolved for some users with the recent app update. Please find the steps to update the app here

You can confirm the steps to set up notifications in this help article: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?, and the troubleshooting steps if the issue persists. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Now that my Note is receiving text messages, other problems have developed.  Phone won't sync continuously like it did before.  I have go to app and prompt it to sync although I have the All day sync on. In addition, heart rate monitoring and sleep monitoring no longer work correctly.  It may record part of a day and then skip multiple days; where it doesn't record anything.  I'm now waiting for the Christmas holidays to gift myself a fitness/smartwatch that will definitely not be a fitbit product.  I don't know what happened to FITBIT but you are no longer deserving of consideration of my patronage. Why would want to spend money on a worthless product.  Bye Fitbit Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note8, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Texican that is similar to what I am still seeing. My notifications are working (finally yay!), but my Blaze will not sync unless I force it. I too have all day sync on. 

I don't seem to be missing days in my history though.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same thing here, text alerts are working but the Fitbit does not sync
automatically with my Pixel 3XL.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I still get no messages and sync won't sync automatically. Why isn't Fitbit
talking care of this. Best bet Change watches
Best Answer

My Fitbit is still not receiving text messages. I have downloaded the newest updates. Tried troubleshooting as previously discussed and still nothing. Can anyone help?

Best Answer

Hello everyone. Thank you for your updates in this thread. I am sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate everyone's feedback, I understand that this can be very frustrating, our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. I am glad to hear that the issue with notifications was resolved for some users. If you experience any difficulties with syncing, please double check the troubleshooting instructions in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

@Texican thank you for sharing the additional issues you're experiencing with your device. I recommend double checking the tips to improve the accuracy of heart rate tracking here. You can find the complete troubleshooting steps in this help article: Why don't I see my heart rate on my Fitbit device? There are several factors that can affect the sleep tracking. For more information, please see here

@Otterlee14 @hamptonyj thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're still not receiving the text notifications. I appreciate your efforts to resolve this. It's still an ongoing issue and our team is prioritizing a fix for it. Thank you for your patience and understanding. You can confirm the complete troubleshooting steps in this help article: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem!!

They also aren't updating the clock faces ! Nice eh.  

Almost seems that they are trying to make us get another newer Fitbit.

I highly doubt I will! 

Most likely going to go with a Suunto or a Garmin next time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked with my iPhone 8!! Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, can you please help me? I have an iphone, it is up to date on all updates and so is my fit bit app on my phone. But I get no text messages to my watch, and when I receive a phone call my watch does not stop vibrating even when I answer the call. I have to hit the silence button multiple times to make the notification stop. This is very irritating. What can I do to make these both go back to normal function? Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Leesazimmy please see the last link in the post above. Pay special attention of the iOS instructions. Especially the permissions on the phones notification center. 

Best Answer
0 Votes