Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won't display text messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all,

I just purchased the Blaze last night, and got everything up and going on it. The phone call notification works, calendar notification works, but it will NOT display any incoming text messages to my phone. It appears to be syncing but not my texts.  Any help is appreciated.  thanks

Best Answer
273 REPLIES 273

I just got a new phone Samsung S10 running Android 9 using the standard text messaging app and I'm finding the same issue.  Notification comes in stating there is a message and no details.  Used to have an S7 using Android 8 and the text messages worked fine.  Did anyone get a resolution to this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze is not syncing with my phone and I haven't been getting messages 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok. Thanks for responding
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem receiving SMS alerts on my Pixel 3 XL, tried Handcent's SMS app and I am receiving alerts again, must be an issue with the Google Messages app.

Best Answer

Yeah, I'm using Textra and I'm getting SMS notifications on my Blaze

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @dusty306 @kshrtst12 @MomOfDVan @daverino. It's nice to see you around @Nanc74 @Rich_Laue. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

@dusty306 thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're receiving all notifications except texts. I appreciate the information that you have a Google Pixel 2 XL running Android 9 and you're using a third party sms app at the moment. I recommend checking the following help article with useful information: What should I know about using the Fitbit app on my Android phone? Please double check the steps to set up notifications hereMove on to the troubleshooting steps if the issue persists. 

@kshrtst12 thank you for joining the conversation. I recommend checking the information provided above if you experience the same issue with receiving text notifications. 

@MomOfDVan thank you for sharing the issue you're experiencing with text notifications. I appreciate the information that you didn't experience this issue with your previous phone. Usually a missing requirement is the cause and I recommend confirming the steps provided above. I also would like to confirm that Samsung S10 is not a supported device for the Fitbit app at this moment. If a device is not supported by the Fitbit app, it doesn't mean that it won't work with the app entirely, but rather that some of its functions might work intermittently.

@Nanc74 I am sorry to hear that your Fitbit Blaze is not syncing and you haven't been getting messages. Syncing difficulty is usually caused by a missing requirement and I recommend following the complete troubleshooting steps from this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? Please follow the steps to set up notifications here. Move on to the troubleshooting steps if the issue persists. 

@daverino thank you for sharing your experience and thoughts. We're constantly working on improving our devices and user experiences.

@Rich_Laue thank you for your support. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That does not help, I need more than a generic response. Fitbit asked for specifics about my devices, I expect a solution to my exact problem. 

Best Answer

I tried this on my hubby's phone and it worked thanks for the suggestion... He only gets one vibration per person that texts... Until he reads message on his phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What did you try? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The textra messaging app 😅

Best Answer

This still didn't answer how to get messages on your blaze Fitbit for android Samsung 9.

It worked fine until I uploaded new and improved App update. Now nothing! I hate removed from my phone and added back on still no messages to display. Fitbit needs to find a fix for this issue.

Best Answer

I downloaded the Textra texting app for my husband from the play store he now gets notifications.. But only one notification comes through until he looks at message on his phone. Still annoying but better than nothing for now. 

Best Answer

@Smsculley this is the exact issue that I am experiencing with my Note 9, it worked fine up until I did an update on the phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lourdes_D have you checked your permissions, or tried enabling notifications? 

Often with a major update I find android revolving permissions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. I used to get text messages. Now recently it only shows that i have a message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your message.

Yes, I have checked Permissions, Notifications, Upairing, Pairing, Uninstalling, Reinstalling, Rebooting both Blaze and my Note 9. Still only says "View Messages". I receive Calls, Calendars, and Events just fine. 

-Lourdes

Best Answer
0 Votes

This simply must be a Google Messages issue, as up to about a week ago, everything was working well on my Galaxy Note 9.  Now, no more notifications come though to my blaze from my texting app.  Mail, fine, Calendar, fine, literally every other app that used to work, still works.  But no texting.  I hope Google takes a look at this, but we need to be vocal in the Google Play store to get some support here.  

Best Answer

I can confirm it is definitely NOT a Google Messages issue. I found in another thread on here where someone mentioned about backing up to version 2.9 of the Fitbit app. I decided to try that because I have had enough of waiting on Fitbit to fix this. As soon as I installed the older 2.9 version, I immediately started getting text messages again and everything is syncing just fine. I get text messages, my yahoo mails come in with full info and not just a "..." listed.

Fitbit created this issue with their latest release. The question now is whether they will actually fix it since the Blaze is considered an end of life product.

Best Answer

whats the best way to obtain and install the firmware 2.9 you are discussing?

Best Answer

Ah, yes, the Fitbit app did just recently update, I forgot about that.  Well, I'm switching my text app until it gets updated, as I'm not really in love with messages vs others. Textra works well enough for me, that I'll use that until the issue is resolved, but this needs to be fixed ASAP.

Best Answer