Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won't display text messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all,

I just purchased the Blaze last night, and got everything up and going on it. The phone call notification works, calendar notification works, but it will NOT display any incoming text messages to my phone. It appears to be syncing but not my texts.  Any help is appreciated.  thanks

Best Answer
273 REPLIES 273

Whered you get 2.9?

Best Answer

I tried posting the link in another thread but the forum wouldn't let me. You can do a google search for old fitbit version app and I found it that way. The place I got it from has upto in the name. Note that you would be installing from an unknown source if you download it that way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @317_topchef the current Blaze firmware is 8.402.1 is that what you see? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@317_topchef - The 2.9 I was referring to was the Fitbit app that runs on your phone, NOT the firmware of the fitbit device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay. How do we obtain that app version? I went to the playstore but it only has the new one. I think a lot of us would love to hear how to obtain the previous version of the app. Thanks in advance. 

Update:

My Blaze Firmware Version is: 17.8.402.1

I downloaded Textra and i'm now receiving my text messages full text via Blaze now. I recommend doing this versus trying to use an older version of the App. Thanks all for brainstorming with me while trying to get this bug worked out! You guys and gals are awesome!!!!

JuanJoFitbit_0-1628680690174.png

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @317_topchef @Lourdes_D @Smsculley @Sligh. It's nice to see you around @dusty306 @e-m-m-a @Rich_Laue @SunsetRunner. I am sorry for the delayed response.  

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the issue you're experiencing with text notifications. I would like to confirm that we’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. I appreciate your patience and understanding while we work to improve your experience.

Thanks to all for the efforts to resolve the issue, sharing your solutions and tips to help other users. 

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@LiliyaFitbit thanks for letting us know that you are aware of this problem. will we get to know when it has been resolved so we can remove the textra app. 

Best Answer

I am having the same problem with my Blaze and Pixel 3.

Pixel 3 is running Andriod v9; Kernel v4.9.148...

Messages v4.6.375

Blaze Firmware v17.8.402..1

Fitbit App v3.1

I can get messages from messenger, calendar, volvo on call, but  no text messages. This is not a new problem, but it keeps getting worse. I have taken all troubleshooting steps, but nothing is working. Has fitbit given up on Blaze since it has been discontinued?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Stephanie

Best Answer
0 Votes

I happened to see a version 3.2 in the Google Play store today. Who wants to be brave enough to test it out?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Greetings Stephanie. I have noticed that its an issue with the new version of the Fitbit app communicating to the default android Text Message app. What i did was download Textra from the Playstore and made it my default Text Messaging app. I did this for a couple Blaze users who i work with as well and it fixed their issue too. Hope that helps. 

P.S. - you may need to do a reboot on your Blaze and Phone after you make those changes for sync purposes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll be brave, it can't get any worse!

Thanks!  Updating now. I will let everyone know if it works or not!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm trying the new version also. We'll see. 

Best Answer

thanks for the suggestion! I was trying to avoid using a different text app. I used to use the Verizon messaging app, but it had issues too. I might have to try it or just deal with things the way they are. Has anyone confirmed which app or device is the issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Version 3.1 of the app had the problem for sure but 3.0 did also I think. Most people were finding a way to go back to version 2.95 of the Fitbit app and everything was working just fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

New version of the app still does not work for me.  But I did not go through the whole re-pairing over Bluetooth ordeal.

Best Answer

how do you go back to v2.95?

same here.  new app version does not work.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here no difference 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having the same exact problem. I am ready to toss this fitbit right in the garbage. I have tried everything as well and contacted CS with no help except them saying that my Samsung s 10v is not compatible even though it was working. So frustrated.

Best Answer

The new version didn't make any difference. I believe Fitbit has no intention on fixing the issue as the blaze has become obsolete. But if they can't fix this why would I but a new one? 

Best Answer

I have the same issue with my S10 so I've downloaded Textra and it does the job.  You can have it replace your standard texting app and it has a few extra features.  It works with the Fitbit.  I might actually keep this app even if they ever do find a fix, although I have given up on believing they will 🙄

Best Answer