Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won't display text messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all,

I just purchased the Blaze last night, and got everything up and going on it. The phone call notification works, calendar notification works, but it will NOT display any incoming text messages to my phone. It appears to be syncing but not my texts.  Any help is appreciated.  thanks

Best Answer
273 REPLIES 273

I recently purchased a samsung galaxy fit and have been loving it. I've always been a Fitbit user but text notifications not coming in since June and the lack of support other than have you tried turning notifications on and off full well knowing that wont solve anything did me in.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I Updated the app and i still can't see my text messages either.  Frankly if they don't get it fixed i will not get another Fitbit,  I have had 3 different ones and there are so many others to choose from.  I have a co worker who has an off brand and he can get everything we can from Fitbit he can even get his blood pressure as well and his was a fraction of the cost and his text messages work perfect.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I'm finished with Fitbit.  I've had four trackers.  LOVED my Blaze but I've called support and it wasnt a good experience.  I've done all the troubleshooting several times and honestly support is walking you through these steps knowing full well it will not work.  Customer support on this has been laughable.  So, hello Samsung watch...I look forward to your arrival.  

Best Answer

I am working with support right now, have sent them screenshots, etc. I'll let you know how I make out.

Best Answer

Appreciate it and I do hope your experience proves more helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I say this with regret, but it appears that Fitbit is essentially turning a deaf ear to the problem. I'm sure it's a matter of developer expenditure costs verses number of complaints to go back and debug the app. In other words, not worth it!  I have downloaded and have a spare copy of Version 2.9 which works fine with my Blaze. If my current 2.90 quits i can always reload the app from memory storage. When my watch dies, I'll move on!

Best Answer
0 Votes

FitBit support has been responsive today, I was hopeful!

I sent screenshots per FitBit's request showing notification settings for the app and in Android.

They asked if the sync was working (it is).

I advised again that all notifications work except text notifications, and that the issue started after version 3 of the app came out.

The response I received is as below:

Thank you for the screenshots provision and for calling our attention to the fact that the issue began after our app update.

We're investigating this issue and will contact you as soon as we have reached results.

Thank you in advance for your time and patience, rest assured that we'll contact you as soon as possible.

I replied asking if this is a known issue. No response yet, I'll post if I get one.

Best Answer

This is getting irritating, you all know that most of us having the issues have Samsung phones yet you are still trying to pawn this off as our phones being the problem,  It is not a coincidence, this is an app problem every person on here has said that they have and android and every person is saying they were getting there messages until the new upgrade took place.  It is time for Fit Bit to go out to the app and take care of the issue, we have all paid good money for these devises and we expect them to work.  I do think that if this is not going to function correctly you will be losing a large amount of customers.  We are going on 2 months now of the text messages not working properly and we have all done the trouble shooting.  FIT BIT THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT TO FIX THIS PROBLEM!!! 

Frustrated 

Best Answer

Here's the reply I received when I asked FitBit support "...are you indicating that this is a known issue with the app?"

-----

Thank you for your question.

We're investigating in order to confirm if the situation may correspond to an issue under investigation.

Thank you for your time with our response in order to share the results of our research.
-----

Best Answer

When I did the customer service chat (I've called too) I basically was cut off after multiple "one moments "  I asked if it was a known issue and while I dont the answer in this photo she responded with yes and they were aware and working on a resolution then done.  

My frustration is seeing the "please troubleshoot.  Is your phone compatible?"  Let me be clear...THIS IS THE SAME PHONE I WAS USING AND RECEIVING ALL NOTIFICATIONS INCLUDING TEXT MESSAGES BEFORE THE UPDATE that suddenly tells me I have a message but will not show it..  please stop treating us as idiots and admit there is an issue and basically it's doubtful to be fixed.  

Thus ordering a new watch but not Fitbit.  

And it wont attach my pic of the conversation

Best Answer

I just received a reply where FitBit support has indicated that they are indeed working on a fix. Here's hoping!

Response:

Thank you for the time and patience with our research results.

Regarding your question, we must inform that the text notifications only not delivered issue, corresponds to an issue, which solution is being worked by our development team.

We were glad to confirm that your notifications settings are correct and we appreciate your collaboration to investigate.

We've confirmed that this is a temporary bug to our app, our team is aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible.

We're sorry for the inconvenience. Any further questions, please let us know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I have the Google Pixel 3 and have the Blaze Fitbit. All of a sudden after about 6 updates ago i stopped receiving text messages on my Blaze. I have tried everything possible and nothing. I receive everything else on it. Any help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was told I had to get a new fitbit... and they would give me "25% off". Super mad as it was the update that messed it up.

SAME! The response of "you need to purchase a new device" did not set well with me... I am too considering a Samsung watch the only down side is it doesnt "talk" to my insurance program for discounted rates.. so I may even consider garmin at this point.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not had any response about buying a new device. I would escalate that if I did.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think if all the Samsung Android users went to another company that would sting a little bit.  
Best Answer

I agree.  I am penning an email to customer service now   I've waited weeks and NO response.  Samsung watch will be here Monday so it's time I move on.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can sympathize with you!  Unfortunately, Fitbit may be going through a dilemma.  (This is conjecture. )  If they revert the software to a former version to allow the Blaze to function correctly, they may lose some functionality for their current products!  The cost to make everybody happy may be too high or not even feasible. I don't know. If this is the case, they should have specified two separate apps. One for older watch product, the other for newer product.  I also don't know how many people are affected by this software bug. To lose 500-1000 people because of this problem may be acceptable to them.( My numbers may be high or very low. Again, I don't know. ) Unfavorable reviews are a click away these days and competition can be fierce. Negative reviews can start to effect the bottom line because of the wildfire effect of social media. I just don't like being kept in the dark about it. Fitbit should step forward and own up to the bug and try to specify a reasonable timeline of fixing it. If it's not feasible (cost wize verses product functionality)to rectify the problem, make available two sets of software to the public denoting which version functions with which watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's good to see you around the Community. I'm sorry for the delay in replying back to you.

Thanks for the feedback that all of you have provided in this thread. I see where are you coming from and I'm sorry that you're having this experience with the notifications not appearing on the Blaze. Our team often reviews the Community to work on our devices and overall environment and improve them. Be sure that your comments will not go unnoticed.

About my previous post, I requested to verify the compatibility with your phone as that might be a factor that prevents the connection between your Fitbit device and the Fitbit app. I understand if this doesn't apply to you, and I appreciate you for taking the time to check the information and troubleshooting steps suggested there. I'll update this thread once I have more details about this situation.

See you around.

Best Answer

It's time Fitbit admits that it's not going to remedy the problem.  Those that own a blaze are being left behind with the new updates. Please read carefully, it's the same phone and same Blaze that I was using that were working together until your update releases after the 2.9 version. So don't tell us to check our phone settings or wether our phones are compatible. Is this Fitbit's way of not supporting an older device thus attempting to push Fitbit users to upgrade to a newer Fitbit device? Thanks but no thanks you have lost a lont time Fitbit user.

Moderator edit: removed all caps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue.  Everything works on my Blaze except for the text notifications.  I have an LG G6.

Allthat to say, I work in software development.  This is clearly not a priority for Fitbit, otherwise it would have been fixed by now.  Version control should be in place which would quickly allow them to either roll back to a previous version or even better, identify the commit that caused the issue.  I don't know how their dev teams operate, but most modern companies work in two week "sprints" and try to deliver functional changes at the end of the two weeks.  Given that, Fitbit either doesn't care or their CI/CD pipeline is terrible.

Best Answer
0 Votes