Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won’t keep a charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze won’t keep a charge for more than a few hours. When I put it in the charger, the screen indicates that it’s charging and I can also see when the screen indicates the watch is fully charged. After wearing it for fewer than six hours, it complete dies and shuts off. There’s still just enough battery to let me turn the screen on, but I immediately get the low battery warning on the screen. 

Best Answer
126 REPLIES 126

mine just started doing the same thing yesterday.  I’ve had it a few years and usually held a charge for 4 days.  Talked to support yesterday and did a factory reset. No improvement after letting it recharge overnight. Only got two hours this morning until it showed battery down to one bar.  What is next the next step? 

Best Answer
That is exactly where I am at. Mine is less that. Year old, I am returning it to QVC or a complete refund

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Mine did the same thing and my wife's is dead also. I got mine a year after I bought my wife's Fitbit but now none of them work. No charge. No lights. No screen time. Nothing, zilch, zero, nada, niet! I now rely on my Fitbit Pebble, which I received two years before buying my Blaze, and the only reason that one works is because I am able to change the battery in it. otherwise, I think I would be down three Fitbits! I think Fitbit should make all their Fitbits with a battery changing option for their customers, just like switching out batteries on a watch or key-fob. Incidentally, my Pebble uses the same type of battery as my key fob and last a couple of months before I need to replace the battery.  

Best Answer
Thank, I too believe that we should have the option to change the Battery

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hi @Reace@Sianyt1502@woz77 and @Tony1970. It's nice to see new members around @TMex  and @JeffRozeveld, it's great to hear from you.

@Reace and @Sianyt1502, thanks for sharing that your devices are having the same behavior, as well for the steps that you've tried. Currently we don't have the option to replace the battery per separate, but rest assured that I'm here to help you. Just to confirm, may I know if you've checked our help article which has some tips to maximize the battery life?

@TMex, I appreciate you for taking the time to share your feedback. This is an unusual situation and our team will make sure to continue working on our products and improve them.

@JeffRozeveld, I'm glad that the battery started to improve and appreciate your efforts in performing the restart. You did a great job! 

@woz77thanks for taking the time to get in touch with our Support Team. Since you mentioned to have restarted your device, if you've not done so, please try charging your device with a computer or UL-certified outlet. Also, check our help article with tips to improve the battery life.

@Tony1970, thanks for letting me know that yours and your wife's Blaze devices aren't working correctly. Because they're not charging and, if you've not done so, I'd suggest to try cleaning the gold contacts on the back of the device and charging cable with a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol. Then try restarting both devices.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer

Hi

i contacted Fitbit help, they investigated my device, and found it to be faulty offering me a replacement or 50% off a new device. 

Best advice contact Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Mine is less than 6 moths old

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried that, cleaned the device contacts with rubbing alcohol, use only a Fitbit adapter, outlets work, and yes I have cleaned the charger as well. To be honest, I am highly disappointed that this has even happened. Not to be rude, as I know you're providing support and I appreciate that, but the cleaning instructions are ludicrous. I dont clean the contacts on my Apple Mac-book in order to ensure my laptop keeps getting a charge. My daughter doesn't clean her iWatch, which she also uses for exercise, to ensure she continues getting a charge as well. The fact is, that this "should not" be happening! We, Fitbit Community, paid your company good and hard earned money for our devices and should not be having these issues. I'm not going to ask you for a new device or a discount on a new device. No. Instead, I want Fitbit the company, to take a step back and take a hard look at their device issues. Then fix those issues so that no one else has to go through what many people in the Fitbit community have or will go through. I do not think that is much to ask. Save your company, save your name, and save face with your community!

Tony1970

Semper Fidelis!

Best Answer

Hi @Inaspin and @Tony1970, it's great to see you around.

@Inaspin, I'm glad to hear that our Support Team offered you some options to get you back on track. This is definitely great news. Smiley Very Happy

@Tony1970, thanks for getting back and confirming that you've tried our suggestions. I see your point of view about not needing to clean your other devices, however, for your Fitbit Blaze we always suggest to clean it often, mostly if you've performed an intense activity, so your device will not have dust, debris or moisture that prevents a charge. Now, because your device is still not working, I've requested a case so our Support Team can give you a hand. Keep an eye to your inbox.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue! I can't go more than 3-4 hours now even with the Auto feature for brightness. Need to decide if I go to a different brand as this my 2nd Blaze (first had a cracked screen, replaced by Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Hi @EvandMsDad, it's great to have a new member around.

I see where are you coming from as your device should be lasting more than a few hours, and thanks for sharing your thoughts about your experience with our Fitbit products.

While the battery was designed to last up to 5 days, it'll depend of some factors, such as the usage of its features or the way your device is being charged. Just to confirm, is your Blaze being charged with a computer or a UL-certified outlet? Also, have you checked our help article with tips to maximize the battery life?

I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Lizzy. I charge the Blaze with either the original charger I received, or one i purchased through Amazon shortly after the original purchase. I do have it set to only dispay in Auto mode to save the brightness for when it's needed. I trace these battery issues back only a couple months at most as before that time i would get 3 or more days form a charge. something suddenly changed and it has similarly after my other Blaze, which I tried to substitute for short time, until it developed the same battery life issues.  

Best Answer

Hi @EvandMsDad, it's great to hear from you!

Thanks for confirming how your Blaze has been charged, as well for checking our tips to ensure the batter life. Because the battery is still not lasting enough, I've requested a case for you so our Support Team can give you a hand. They'll contact you via email, so keep an eye on your inbox.

Hope to see you around. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Mine doing the same thing.  Had for 2 years and 1 month and never had any problems.  All of a sudden it now lasts a max. of 4 hours when fully charged.  Tried all the suggestions but same thing happening.  Now using my wife's old fitbit charge but really miss my Blaze.  Any further ideas on how to sort the issue would be most welcome.

Best Answer

Exactly the same issue here.My Blaze is well under 3 years old and whilst the battery up until last week wasn't quite as good as it used to be, it would still last 3 or 4 days. In the last week it has almost totally lost its ability to retain a charge beyond maybe half a day. It's charging as I type, so I can use it for a run later. I've reset it multiple times, cleaned the charging points and reduced the alerts (not that I had many). I have emailed support. I'm surprised there's no ability to replace the battery by sending it in for a repair.

Best Answer

My Blaze started this same thing  yesterday and it won't charge. I have followed all the various suggestions in this post including but not limited to restarting it and cleaning contacts. If it is plugged into the charger the screen works with the clock showing and it will sync with my phone and get notifications. IF I remove it from the charger it immediately shows the dead battery symbol and that is it. If I return it to the charger it never shows the charging battery symbol. I have had this no more than a year. The battery failing if unacceptable!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don’t have any ideas. But Fitbit does not seem to be interested in issue either here or on twitter. Just seems to be a lot of issues. Wonder if other Fitbit products have this issue.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

Hi @CFALLON75 and @BigW3260, it's great to see new faces around! @TMex, I'm glad to hear from you.

@CFALLON75k, thanks for letting me know about your Blaze behavior, as well for taking the time to contact our Support Team. While the battery isn't sold or replace per separate, please follow our team's instructions so they can help you and bring you back on track.

@BigW3260, I truly appreciate you for trying the suggestions posted through this thread, as well for letting me know that everything works just when it's plugged in. I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. I'm sure they'll take care of you.

@TMexI appreciate you for sharing your thoughts about your experience with the Blaze. Our team has received reports about this situation and the troubleshooting steps are advised since they've worked for others users. I see your point of view and we'll continue working on our products to improve your experience with them.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Liz,

You seemed to have missed me out on the replies.  Is there anything that can be done by the support team to rectify my issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I planned to try suggestions made by the support team yesterday. They
wanted me to take the fully charged watch and only sync it 5-6 times during
the day and see how long it goes. The problem was that I took the fully
charged watch at 6:30 am, and didn’t sync at all, when at 12:30pm I checked
it for time and it had shut down with an empty battery. I charged it for a
couple hours and put it back on, and approx 4 hours later it was dead
again.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer