Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won’t keep a charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze won’t keep a charge for more than a few hours. When I put it in the charger, the screen indicates that it’s charging and I can also see when the screen indicates the watch is fully charged. After wearing it for fewer than six hours, it complete dies and shuts off. There’s still just enough battery to let me turn the screen on, but I immediately get the low battery warning on the screen. 

Best Answer
126 REPLIES 126

Hi my blaze won’t hold it’s charge and I’ve reset it charged it over night can you please help me it’s not lasting  a day 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Newfoundrunner@Xbex920 and @Suzie1986. Welcome on board. @Zoream and @stephdmarsh, it's nice to see you around.

@Newfoundrunner@Xbex920 and @stephdmarsh, thanks for letting me know about your Blaze behavior, as well for trying the steps suggested on this thread. I've gone ahead and contacted our Support Team so they can create a case for each of you. You'll receive an email from them shortly.

@Zoream, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and I'm sorry about the experience you've had with your Blaze. I see where are you coming from as the Blaze shouldn't be having this issue. Fitbit often takes our user's comments to work on our devices and bring improvements, and I'm sure your thoughts will not be taken for granted.

Regarding your other inquiry, when a post is removed due a violation to our Community Guidelines, a moderator will send you a private message explaining the reason for that action. I'd suggest to check your inbox and reply back if you have any questions about that process.

@Suzie1986, thanks for letting me know that your Blaze is also not holding charge. Thanks for having tried the restart and just to confirm, have you reviewed our help article with tips to improve the battery life?

I'll be around, so keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, so weirdly last week I had given up on my blaze ever working again.  The battery had run down to zero and it had been like that for 48 hours.  I then decided to give it one last go so I charged it for 48 hours.  From only lasting four hours, a full charge is now lasting three days.  All notifications on, out running twice etc.  Not sure why this has happened but it has been working like this now for over a week.  Could be worth a try, although I'm sure people have already given it a go.

Best Answer

I've had a similar experience, and thought it was back to working order. But then I had other features start malfunctioning. 

I had already ordered an Ionic, and am sticking with that now, I think. But keeping the Blaze as a backup. 

But this whole experience has been extremely frustrating and has dramatically decreased any faith I had in Fitbit! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up and now have a Fitbit charge 3...

After about a month of lasting less than a day, or saying it was fully charged when it wasn't (a quick reset showed it back at empty again), my blaze finally died completely, suddenly lasting 30 mins max. I've had the Blaze just shy of 3 years and would really have expected it to last longer, but it doesn't seem to be the case with these products in general. Which I think is something that needs looking at. But three years of use made me realise I really do like the fitbit product and app, so begrudgingly I re-purchased....but only because of the 25% discount Customer Services offered. I can't just drop that sort of money otherwise.

I also know you can get some products at 25% off by not purchasing from other retailers rather than Fitbit themselves, but in the end decided the Charge 3 was actually the perfect product for me and the fitbit offer was the best I found.

So far I love it, but I will be watching for any signs of issues before that warranty period ends.

Best Answer

Hi @mikeyr77@Stollerbrent and @HannahElRe. It's nice to see you around.

@mikeyr77, I'm glad to hear that your Blaze started to work. You did a great job and appreciate you for sharing the steps that worked for you. If anything happens, don't hesitate to let me know.

@Stollerbrent, it's great to know that you have an Ionic. @HannahElRe, great choice with the Charge 3. I see where are you coming from and I'm sorry for the inconvenience experienced with your Blaze devices. Our team constantly works to improve our products and services based in our Community posts, and be sure that your feedback will not be taken for granted.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing started happening to mine the last few days. I charge it overnight and it’s dead by early afternoon. Anyone have any positive results by doing what they suggested?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. 

I had this problem, I deleted the app from my phone, I then fully charged the fitbit, I have heart rate on auto, I have normal notifications, I don't have sync on all the time. 

It's lasted me 13hrs so far and the battery is still going strong.

I don't know if it has fixed but it is a massive improvement over the 4-6hrs I was getting.

If this helps fine, if not I'm sorry. 

Best Answer

Hi @JBarrett14 and @DrCracker. Welcome to the Community Forums.

@JBarrett14, thanks for letting me know about your Blaze, as well for having tried charging it overnight. I've checked with our Support Team that you already have a case created. I'd recommend to continue working with them, so they can help you out.

@DrCracker, I'm glad to hear that your Blaze behavior has improved, as well for the troubleshooting steps that you've tried. As you may know the battery life is affected by use and other settings. Please make sure to charge your device by plugging the charging cable into a USB port from a computer or UL-certified USB wall charger. Also, don't charge it in extreme heat or cold. If anything happens, let me know.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze is doing the same thing.  I've had it for about a year and a half, and all of a sudden, it won't keep a charge for more than 6 hours.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a faulty product, it's not fit for purpose. It's disgusting how they treat customers. Just look them up on Trustpilot. 

Best Answer

Did anyone see how they lost huge sales, it was on the news. 

Best Answer

Yes, I'm glad. They need to realise selling products that fail and are not fit for purpose isn't good for business. 

Trustpilot rating is one of the lowest for a company. 

Best Answer

It just goes to show, give customers a defective product, and no fix, but a low percentage off towards another defective product. The word spreads. 

Best Answer

I helped spread the word, I will continue to.

I used to get a warning on here, but the customer service moderators hardly come here now. 

Rats leaving a sinking ship. 

Best Answer

SAME!!! I've actively told friends and family to avoid Fitbit. You are better off getting another cheaper option or saving up for Apple Watch. I chose the latter. I was a Fitbit  fan since the original Flex, but no mas! I did read TrustPilot ratings and holy ish Fitbit it taking a beating (rightfully so)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried loads now, I will never go back to fitbit.... Ever....

I'm on android so Apple is out of the question, but there are many different companies, all with far superior products and better customer service.

Thing is, you can't get any worse. They really need investigating. 

Selling products not fit for purpose is very, very naughty! Naughty Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Samsung offers a watch and I've heard great things about Garwin watches as well. Both products cheaper than a malfunctioning Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Warnings? That's rich!!! You invest in a product, you expect a certain standard of quality. When that standard is not met, you are well within your right to complain! 

Best Answer

All depends what you need/want the watch to do.

Garmin kicks the hell out of fitbit, but then a casio digital watch does too because it works where as a fitbit doesn't.

I just don't understand how they could sell them when not fit for purpose. 

Best Answer