Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won’t keep a charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze won’t keep a charge for more than a few hours. When I put it in the charger, the screen indicates that it’s charging and I can also see when the screen indicates the watch is fully charged. After wearing it for fewer than six hours, it complete dies and shuts off. There’s still just enough battery to let me turn the screen on, but I immediately get the low battery warning on the screen. 

Best Answer
126 REPLIES 126

It was great when it worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue, received the same replies, offering the same ridiculous steps to recovery, which, as far as I can tell, has worked for no one!, and then offered a 25% discount.  I have been a Fitbit user for at least 7 years.  There is no way that I was going to settle for a “discount.”  

I didn't wear the Fitbit for 6 weeks or so and then decided to reset and charge it again just to see what happened. It worked!  So, I wore it for a week or so and realized that after the initial withdrawal, I didn’t miss the chore of maintaining and wearing it. I took it off one evening and haven’t worn it since. Rather than being upset with Fitbit for failing all of us, I thank them for helping break the habit.  I recently came across an article about the harmful health effects of constantly being surrounded by EMFs and have decided that every small thing I do to protect my health is a good move. And, I don’t need a step counter to make wiser choices.  So, bye Felicia Fitbit.  I am done with you.  It sounds as if lots of other people are as well. 

Best Answer

my blaze battery is only just lasting 12 hours after owning only 3 years, 

i was offered 25% off a new watch, 

cant replace the battery, 

i am severely disappointed that it has only lasted 3 years before it is only fit for going in the bin. Basically a disposable watch

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mattstewie, that is essentially what fitbit has done, they have sold all of us on a "fitness tracker" but have sold us a disposable watch. Why is it that we, the consumers, cannot change the battery? The Apple iWatch can have the battery replaced for roughly $40 depending on who you go to, or Apple will replace your watch for a service fee. Why can't fitbit do the same? If one is to invest into a company's product, in this case the fitbit Blaze, then that company should take care of it's customers by either replacing the battery for a fee, or by replacing the entire watch just like Apple does. The service fee is $0 if the iWatch is still under warranty, and $79 if the iWatch is out of warranty, but I would much rather pay the $79 and received a brand new watch, than to accept fitbit's 25% percent off of a new fitbit. Fitbit needs to step it and actually LISTEN to their CUSTOMERS if they want to stay in business! 

Best Answer

well said Tony1970

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just look at their trust pilot rating. 

They need to seriously rethink their products, their customer service and their ethics. 

Disgusting treatment by all employees I have interacted with. 

Best Answer
I finally decided a couple weeks ago to move o to an Apple Watch. I am
disappointed in the reliability issues that plagued the Blaze for to long.
Best of luck with your next choice.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes